PDA

View Full Version : Modifying torpedo loadout while on patrol?

Jay
04-13-07, 04:54 PM
Pardon me if this question about the unmodified SHIII has been answered before. I did a search but came up empty.

I know how to change the torpedo loadout before starting a patrol. Is there a way manually to modify the loadout while on patrol? E.g., if I have a T-III in the stern tube, and an FaT in the stern reserve, can I remove the T-III and load the FaT in it's place?

danlisa
04-13-07, 05:05 PM
It's never a good idea to make changes to files while on patrol. It can lead to so many problems. The most annoying of which is corrupted saves. I would wait until you are back at port.

Mittelwaechter
04-13-07, 05:16 PM
Ingame that's no problem, as long as you have an empty slot to unload the T-III.
Deactivate automatic loading first.

Jay
04-13-07, 10:29 PM
Ingame that's no problem, as long as you have an empty slot to unload the T-III.
My current boat is a VIIB. Since it has only one rear tube and only one rear reserve slot, I guess that means I won't be able to swap the loaded torpedo for the one in reserve.

Deactivate automatic loading first.
I don't recall seeing this option. I'll look for it in the realism settings the next time I play.

Corsair
04-14-07, 04:04 AM
Auto-loading is situated top left of the weapon screen (default I key)... You enable it or disable it by clicking on the circle.

Jimbuna
04-14-07, 04:36 AM
I think what your asking is "can you manually empty a tube then reload it with a different type of eel" :yep:
The answer is NO....with auto loading enabled you get the next eel thats in line regardless of what type it is.
With auto loading disabled you can select which eel you want to reload with.
Either way you need an empty tube first :up:

Jay
04-14-07, 08:45 PM
I think what your asking is "can you manually empty a tube then reload it with a different type of eel" :yep:
The answer is NO....with auto loading enabled you get the next eel thats in line regardless of what type it is.
With auto loading disabled you can select which eel you want to reload with.
Either way you need an empty tube first :up:
You correctly interpreted what I was trying to say. Thanks for answering my question.

Unfortunately, the Weapons Management screen (among many other features of SHIII) is not explained in the User Manual. I didn't realize how autoloading worked.