PDA

View Full Version : Heads up.. Special on Discovery Channel Fri evening

SteamWake
04-12-07, 07:54 PM
Special on Discovery channel this comming friday.

"Destruction of the Japanise Navy"

Slated for 9pm EST.

Jungman
04-12-07, 08:03 PM
:sunny: Nice one to see! I just saw the destruction of the Yamato Battleship on Public Television (of all else) very good information last night. I wish they repat that one.

DirtyHarry3033
04-12-07, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the heads-up SteamWake, I'll set up the DVR!

Jungman, I saw the PBS show about the Yamato also, very interesting. Hard to believe that Japan spent so much money and resources building the mightiest battleship the world would ever see, and then she spent most of her time in port only to be sent out on a suicide mission doomed to fail before it even began.

BooBooLovesAll
04-12-07, 09:18 PM
Tommorow...

9pm..Discovery Channel... not listed here?

Drokkon
04-12-07, 09:58 PM
Is this the battle of Taffy 3, and the final sinking of the Yamato on Dogfights? If it is, it is a great story of 2 very gung-ho DD and DE captains. When I saw this it was on the History channel.

fidget
04-13-07, 04:08 PM
What date is this supposed to air on? I can't find anything like that on the Discovery Channel TV listing for the entire month. Was that the History Channel by any chance?
[Update]
Yeah, it is on the History Channel. It's an episode of Dogfights. Good show!

Richard Zapp
04-13-07, 06:30 PM
What date is this supposed to air on? I can't find anything like that on the Discovery Channel TV listing for the entire month. Was that the History Channel by any chance?
[Update]

Verified, History Channel tonight (Friday) 8:00pm Central.
:up:

Richard Zapp
04-13-07, 06:32 PM
nm. double post...

DirtyHarry3033
04-13-07, 06:53 PM
[Update]
Verified, History Channel tonight (Friday) 8:00pm Central.
:up:
Thanks Richard & fidget, I had searched Discovery Channel listings and didn't find squat, not even on TitanTV.com. Had given up :( Read your posts, checked History Channel, sure enough it's on at 9:00 EDT. Would have missed it without you guys :up:

flintlock
04-13-07, 07:52 PM
Would've liked to watched this. Unfortunately, Discovery is airing Doctor*Ology, here at 21:00 EST.

DirtyHarry3033
04-13-07, 07:57 PM
Would've liked to watched this. Unfortunately, Discovery is airing Doctor*Ology, here at 21:00 EST.

Flintlock, it's on History Channel, NOT Discovery. You've got 3 minutes before it starts, hope you read this in time!

DH

sqk7744
04-13-07, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the heads-up! DVR is spinning :up:

OddjobXL
04-13-07, 08:42 PM
This is a good documentary! Thanks. Heh, there's a part of me that suspects if we actually saw a DE shooting the hell out of a cruiser, or a DD avoided fire from a whole fleet of Japanese ships in order to get a torpedo run in, in SH4 all the hardcores would be complaining about how unrealistic it was. :lol:

Drokkon
04-13-07, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this. It was a great show. It should show again a 12am april 14th 3 hours after it 9pm showing on the 13th.

flintlock
04-13-07, 09:13 PM
Flintlock, it's on History Channel, NOT Discovery.
Thanks, DH.

I missed it this time, but I'll try and catch it the next time it airs.