PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

sunvalleyslim
04-12-07, 06:37 PM
Hey Captains,
Just got back from Baja California, Mexico. Land of fish tacos, and great Margaritas. Arrived home to my SH4, set it up and it ran only up to menu. If I try to run tutorial, single mission, or career it loads, then shuts down. I'm running a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop. I know the CPU is 1600 and the video card shows Mobile Intel (R) 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express chip. My knowledge of computers is minimal.
Running SH3 was marginal at best, had slow frame rates, missing binocs, black spot on the horizon, etc. I was wondering if this is where my problems lie with Sh4.....Thanks for any help or opinions..........:cry:

Camaero
04-12-07, 06:41 PM
It seems like you should be able to get it running with all graphics settings turned way down. Have you patched the game yet? That may help with the crashing.

PS: How is it down there in Baja? My goal is to race the Baja 1000 one day soon.:rock:

AVGWarhawk
04-12-07, 06:48 PM
Oh my, this is not looking good. I recommend the tech forum.

sunvalleyslim
04-12-07, 06:49 PM
Camaero,
Thanks for the reply. Yes I already put in the 1.1 patch, with no different results.
Baja is a great place and the race comes right by my casa. I have a place south of San Felipe, on the Sea of Cortez side. You're more than welcome to come down someday and I'll show you Baja, Mexican style..............

AVGWarhawk
04-12-07, 06:50 PM
To be honest here, if SH3 was running just ok, SH4 will be much harder to run on this laptop.

sunvalleyslim
04-12-07, 06:52 PM
Thanks AVG, I figured that was probably the reason. Time to upgrade. Is it better to go laptop or desktop?

Kapitan_Phillips
04-12-07, 06:54 PM
Go with a high-end desktop. SH4 is a resource muncher.

AVGWarhawk
04-12-07, 06:56 PM
Go with a high-end desktop. SH4 is a resource muncher.

That is an understatment:yep:

Only thing with the desktop....you look foolish carrying it around. Look at the box it came in and go for the recommended specs and go for the high end vid card.

Mine runs great with:
AMD 64 3200+
ATI X1300 XGE 512mb
1 gig 3200 RAM
onboard sound.

Anything that runs above and beyond my specs will do just fine!

sunvalleyslim
04-12-07, 06:59 PM
Thanks Guys and good hunting, hope to see you coming in port with the broom on the periscope..........