PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Luftwaffe...

Kaleun Cook
04-12-07, 05:38 PM
...blew the Nelson to pieces after it took four torpedoes - of course there's no post about it in the captain's log now. :nope:

Brag
04-12-07, 05:43 PM
Drain your sorrows at my party, it's beginning to swing. :rock:

P_Funk
04-12-07, 05:54 PM
"Stupid Luftwaffe..."

You don't know the half of it. Goering was so obcessed with gaining the glory of victory over Britain all for himself that he actively sabotaged the Kriegsmarine's influence over Hitler and denied them appropriate Air Support.

The luftwaffe was a joke for the U-boats. Goering was a joke. I wonder why the Third Reich fell apart.:hmm:

Kaleun Cook
04-13-07, 05:03 AM
Actually I did know that. Fortunately there were made a lot of mistakes.

Back to the game: Is it probably senseless at all to attack ships near Norway? Everytime I plan an attack the Luftwaffe soon is in the air to take out my target. :o

P_Funk
04-13-07, 05:18 AM
Actually I did know that.
NICE!:rock:

I love history. It brings men together!

TarJak
04-13-07, 06:36 AM
You can always wait until they've had their fun and pick up the dregs. Not as much tonnage sometimes but I have found that they sometimes leave a capital ship crippled enough for a one shot kill.:arrgh!:

CaptainAsh
04-13-07, 08:14 AM
To me that depends of your own objectives... if you play for tonage, it s pretty bad. If you play in a realism way, it s as good to see lutwaffe sink the ennemies than sinking them yourself. Still, in that way of mind, if you re pretty sure to be in range of a lutwaffe air base, don t waste fishes. Use only one (or two on real big target) to make them stop or to slow them enough so it would be easyer for the lutwaffe to find them (still in a realistic approch).

STEED
04-13-07, 08:31 AM
"Stupid Luftwaffe..."

The luftwaffe was a joke for the U-boats. Goering was a joke. I wonder why the Third Reich fell apart.:hmm:

Other Goering blunders
1940 Failed to destroy the Allied evacuation at Dunkirk
1940/41 Lost the Battle of Britain
1942/43 Failed to supply enough war material to the 6Th Army trapped in Stalingrad
1943 Failed to supply enough war material to Tunisia

1939-1945 Interfered with aircraft production and appointing wrong people and sacking those who were getting it right, as for the big man he got bigger lots of hunting trips and a nice cocktail of drugs.

Kaleun Cook
04-13-07, 02:47 PM
Thx for the replies! I was about to think that the airraids around norway are somehow scripted to create a real background for the radio messages just in case the player sails there to witness if things take place. :roll: