PDA

View Full Version : Let me say

clayp
04-12-07, 04:07 PM
Let me just say that I have never been involved with a better game forum ever then this one..It seems that people answer your questions almost before you quit asking.You are a great bunch of guys.....:up:

Sailor Steve
04-12-07, 04:09 PM
Aw, quit whining and go back where you...wait a minute...

Brain: what just happened?
Mouth: I reacted just like normal.
Brain: Shut up for a minute. Quick, think of a good comeback.

I've always liked it here, which is of course why I hang out and blab so much. I hope your experiences here are always good ones.:sunny:

Partsking
04-12-07, 05:04 PM
I think it's safe to say that you're interacting with a much more mature and "professional" crowd when it comes to a subsim community. That, in itself, reduces all those PWN, LOLOL, WOW, OMG!!DUD3!! type members. For the record, I agree with you completely. :up:

John Channing
04-12-07, 05:49 PM
Aw, quit whining and go back where you...wait a minute...

Brain: what just happened?
Mouth: I reacted just like normal.
Brain: Shut up for a minute. Quick, think of a good comeback.

I've always liked it here, which is of course why I hang out and blab so much. I hope your experiences here are always good ones.:sunny:

OK... that was funny!

JCC

AVGWarhawk
04-12-07, 06:20 PM
Let me just say that I have never been involved with a better game forum ever then this one..It seems that people answer your questions almost before you quit asking.You are a great bunch of guys.....:up:

Why yes, I certainly feel the love here;) . Now, your next thread you start...you are not going to start complaining about the 1.2 patch are ya? Just kidding:smug:

Faamecanic
04-12-07, 06:22 PM
GROUP HUG!!! :D :up:

(Oh gosh...here comes the "Wild Night in Bangkok" avatar for me :lol: )

Kapitan_Phillips
04-12-07, 06:32 PM
Whee! *hugs everyone* :rotfl:

SteamWake
04-12-07, 06:33 PM
Checking meds now...

BlackSpot
04-12-07, 06:36 PM
*Anouncement*

"Could Kapitan Philips please make his way to the pharmacy counter.
Your medication is ready. Thank you"

AVGWarhawk
04-12-07, 06:45 PM
Checking meds now...

Can I have some of the green ones today? I had the red ones yesterday;)

Kapitan_Phillips
04-12-07, 06:50 PM
*Anouncement*

"Could Kapitan Philips please make his way to the pharmacy counter.
Your medication is ready. Thank you"

You loved it really. Everyone likes K_P hugs. :yep:

clayp
04-12-07, 09:32 PM
I really ment what I said I didnt need everyone makeing fun of me

mookiemookie
04-12-07, 10:39 PM
We're just having a good time with ya, skipper....no making fun at all! Of course it's a great forum and I consider it one of the best communities on the web. You are absolutely 100% correct on that!

flintlock
04-12-07, 11:10 PM
I really ment what I said I didnt need everyone makeing fun of me Nobody means anything by it literally. This forum has a bunch of fun loving sub sim addicts that occasionally inhale a little too much diesel fuel for their own good (barrel placed next to PC to aid in the immersion whilst enjoying a bout with SH4).

Just roll with it, sailor. It's all in good fun! ;)

Reaves
04-13-07, 12:18 AM
Did I miss the group hug? :doh:

Grothesj2
04-13-07, 12:22 AM
-hugs-

Rilder
04-13-07, 01:24 AM
-Hugs-

Oh shi$t forgot my pants

sqk7744
04-13-07, 01:25 AM
:up:

Green ones please!

"Games want to get out!"

Reaves
04-13-07, 01:37 AM
-Hugs-

Oh shi$t forgot my pants

Keep it to yourself. I don't need crabs. :rotfl:

Rilder
04-13-07, 01:45 AM
-Hugs-

Oh shi$t forgot my pants

Thats no crab, thats a lobster... :rotfl:

McBeck
04-13-07, 03:10 AM
Another great thread for a friday morning!

Now I just need somebody to call the owner of Subsim "Neil"......wait.......somebody allready did that! *chukles*

OS1Mac
04-13-07, 07:18 AM
I second clayp. This is one of the few forums on the internet, of any genre, where you don't have to deal with immature punks (most of these punks are still living with mommy and daddy). The members here are so professional, fun, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and, best of all, they love "going to sea" to blow the hell out of things!

AVGWarhawk
04-13-07, 07:23 AM
I really ment what I said I didnt need everyone makeing fun of me

We are having some light-hearted fun mate.....and not at your expense. Yes, we attempt to keep it light and informative.

JRT
04-13-07, 08:27 AM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/pink.gif
"BIG HUG"!

Jeff

Sailor Steve
04-13-07, 10:39 AM
I really ment what I said I didnt need everyone makeing fun of me Nobody means anything by it literally. This forum has a bunch of fun loving sub sim addicts that occasionally inhale a little too much diesel fuel for their own good (barrel placed next to PC to aid in the immersion whilst enjoying a bout with SH4).

Just roll with it, sailor. It's all in good fun! ;)
Absolutely. My opening reply is typically me - a little silly, but all in fun. I really do love these forums, and I just wanted to make you feel welcome...in a silly way. Even the "group hug" jokes; most of us make fun of ourselves more than anyone else.

clayp
04-13-07, 10:51 AM
Ok heres Friday HUG!!!...:sunny:

ReallyDedPoet
04-13-07, 10:53 AM

Nice thread clayp:up:

NefariousKoel
04-13-07, 12:30 PM
I agree.

I friggin' rock. :rock: I guess some of you others do too.:lol:

clayp
04-13-07, 12:35 PM

Nice thread clayp:up:

Well thank you kind sir....:D Being medically retired and handicapped with nothing to do I'm trying mightily to learn this game and trying to make friends that will help....:sunny:

Crosseye76
04-13-07, 12:35 PM

Very well done Clayp !! :rock:

And yeah, your right on the money. This is a great forum.

madrigal61
04-13-07, 02:48 PM
I second clayp. This is one of the few forums on the internet, of any genre, where you don't have to deal with immature punks (most of these punks are still living with mommy and daddy). The members here are so professional, fun, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and, best of all, they love "going to sea" to blow the hell out of things!

OS1Mac, This game along with SH3 takes a lot of work to provide satisfaction. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just that most smack-tards are hooked on instant gratification. I really enjoyed SH3 - especially with the GreyWolves mod... I just picked up SH4 last night, and I was hooked again...

As others have stated, the community involved with these sims are just more patient... and really, really sneaky! (but very supportive) :yep:

OS1Mac
04-13-07, 07:12 PM
Roger that, Madrigal61! I totally agree with you. Subsim, the mods released here, and the forum members have helped to increase my enjoyment of SH3 and SH4 tremendously. I wasn't a true subsimmer until I found SubSim. So, I'd like to give everyone here a big group hug!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

flintlock
04-13-07, 07:46 PM
I'd like to give everyone here a big group hug! I'm not sure what it is about poor clayp, but in almost evey thread he starts, someone posts a request for a big ol' group hug!

:D

OS1Mac
04-13-07, 08:02 PM
:rotfl: :D

AVGWarhawk
04-13-07, 08:29 PM

Thanks for hug Clay:up: . In todays world it makes me feel much better:yep: Now sink some Japanese merchants!!!!!

TDK1044
04-13-07, 08:47 PM
A great thread, Guys. I agree with the sentiments expressed. Neal has great integrity and this Forum reflects that fact. We have a few ranting moments, but for the most part we do good work here...even when we agree to disagree. And I honestly think our modders are some of the best out there.

clayp
04-13-07, 09:27 PM
I'd like to give everyone here a big group hug! I'm not sure what it is about poor clayp, but in almost every thread he starts, someone posts a request for a big ol' group hug!

Maybe because they know what a useless piece of garbage I'm, I just had my second by-pass surgery,also have emphysema,pleurisy,and a hietal hernia and no circulation in my legs..other then I'm fine....Cant walk very far or up any stairs.Have to use a wheelchair if we have to walk far..My poor wife has to work and support me and we have taken two big financial hits this year,I dont know why I'm telling you guys this..AND I cant figure this game out so far....:oops:

NefariousKoel
04-13-07, 09:31 PM
We'll learn ya clayp. Just takes a bit of practice and questions we can answer here. It has always been that way for everyone present. Nobody is born into subsim'ing. ;)

Also.. I still rock. :rock:

OS1Mac
04-13-07, 09:35 PM
Dang, Clayp, I'm sorry to hear about your health problems and I hope they all eventually get sorted.

And, as far as learning to play SH4 goes, just keep regularly reading these forums, asking questions, and conducting searches for any questions you may have (many questions you have are probably already answered in previous threads). You'll be up-to-speed in no time and making your crew proud of you. :up:

clayp
04-13-07, 09:50 PM
Dang, Clayp, I'm sorry to hear about your health problems and I hope they all eventually get sorted.

And, as far as learning to play SH4 goes, just keep regularly reading these forums, asking questions, and conducting searches for any questions you may have (many questions you have are probably already answered in previous threads). You'll be up-to-speed in no time and making your crew proud of you. :up:

Thank you sir,the problems will never go away..I'm starting to catch on a bit..;)

sqk7744
04-13-07, 10:50 PM
Hey Clayp,

There is a great community in this forum. I've only been apart of it for a few weeks, but man what a terrific group, and I'm having a blast! -and that's coming from 7 years on Flightsim forums. (my last sub sims were Silent Service for the C64 and Aces of the Deep)

The following is not perfect and needs some polish, but it's a loose checklist on torpedo attacks I've been working on:
http://www.compuglobalhypermeganet.tv/images/sh4/ComSubPac -Torpedo Attack.xls (http://www.compuglobalhypermeganet.tv/images/sh4/ComSubPac%20-Torpedo%20Attack.xls)

also my XP tweaks sheet is handy for getting the most out of your pc for SH4:
http://www.compuglobalhypermeganet.tv/images/sh4/SH4WinXPCleanupChecklist.doc

I'm learning SH but think a SubBuddy would be a great concept/way for newcomers to learn the ropes on their first few patrols with a veteran.

Please holler if you have any questions, will be glad to help.

Cheers, the open Sea awaits! :D
-Alex

clayp
04-13-07, 11:15 PM
Hey Clayp,

This is a great community in this forum. I've only been apart of it for a few weeks, but man what a terrific group, and I'm having a blast! -and that's coming from 7 years on Flightsim forums. (my last sub sims were Silent Service for the C64 and Aces of the Deep)

The following is not perfect and needs some polish, but it's a loose checklist on torpedo attacks I've been working on:
http://www.compuglobalhypermeganet.tv/images/sh4/ComSubPac -Torpedo Attack.xls (http://www.compuglobalhypermeganet.tv/images/sh4/ComSubPac%20-Torpedo%20Attack.xls)

also my XP tweaks sheet is handy for getting the most out of your pc for SH4:
http://www.compuglobalhypermeganet.tv/images/sh4/SH4WinXPCleanupChecklist.doc

I'm learning SH but think a SubBuddy would be a great concept/way for newcomers to learn the ropes on their first few patrols with a veteran.

Please holler if you have any questions, will be glad to help.

Cheers, the open Sea awaits! :D
-Alex

Thank you very much sir.....:sunny:

sqk7744
04-14-07, 11:58 AM
You Bet! :up:

Faamecanic
04-14-07, 12:21 PM
I'd like to give everyone here a big group hug! I'm not sure what it is about poor clayp, but in almost every thread he starts, someone posts a request for a big ol' group hug!

Maybe because they know what a useless piece of garbage I'm, I just had my second by-pass surgery,also have emphysema,pleurisy,and a hietal hernia and no circulation in my legs..other then I'm fine....Cant walk very far or up any stairs.Have to use a wheelchair if we have to walk far..My poor wife has to work and support me and we have taken two big financial hits this year,I dont know why I'm telling you guys this..AND I cant figure this game out so far....:oops:

Sorry to her that clayp..... and I didnt mean to be a smart aleck in your thread. It was more just light-hearted humor (my group hug comment) that you will find all us sub-sim addicts have here. :yep:

Dustyboats
04-14-07, 12:58 PM

Sorry to her that clayp..... and I didnt mean to be a smart aleck in your thread. It was more just light-hearted humor (my group hug comment) that you will find all us sub-sim addicts have here. :yep:

Dear Dear Clayp.... Dustyboats here...I'd like to join you in that GROUP HUG...I have just the Emphysema...the wheelchair, the stair lift and a wonderful (Thank God!) fit wife who tends me like a babe...its a necessity now. Keep smiling old friend... No-one, even in our condition, is useless!!! I bet you have given a lot in your life to others and as my sons say to me I say to you...."Its a way of slowing you down after the express and full life youv'e led"....Take heart...keep smiling, especialy with these "SubSimmers" (I was a real Submariner for twenty years RN).. I get great laughs just reading the posts...when I give up laughing...I'm useless then!!

clayp
04-14-07, 01:08 PM
Thank you Dusty but I find it harder to laugh every day...

Sailor Steve
04-14-07, 04:17 PM
Well, I have my health (except for a bout with bronchitis and pneumonia combined a few weeks ago), but I have been homeless for almost a year, and haven't played any games at all in that time.

Posting from the library.

Not comparing situations at all, or making light of yours; just letting you know you're not entirely alone in the world.

clayp
04-14-07, 05:45 PM
Well, I have my health (except for a bout with bronchitis and pneumonia combined a few weeks ago), but I have been homeless for almost a year, and haven't played any games at all in that time.

Not comparing situations at all, or making light of yours; just letting you know you're not entirely alone in the world.

I know that there are people much worse of then Iam but sometimes its hard to remember that when you cant walk someplace or get out of breath putting on your shoes if your leg isnt so swollen that they wont go on etc..And the biggest thingis I feel less of a man cant I cant take care of my wife..I really feel sorry for your homless condition wish I could help.What state are you in?

ReallyDedPoet
04-14-07, 05:48 PM

Really sorry to hear that, makes all this gaming stuff seem very small.

RDP

Mylander
04-14-07, 06:25 PM
Kinda puts bugs and patches in their proper perspective.

Wishing you guys well,

Mylander

Radtgaeb
04-15-07, 01:14 AM
-Hugs-

Oh shi$t forgot my pants

If I may quote "Das Boot"...."Puffy for the Hussey!". :rotfl: