PDA

View Full Version : Stealth Meter

Incandescent
04-12-07, 11:13 AM
I am sorry if this has been asked, I did a search and only found items under SH3.

What happened to the Stealth meter we had in 3? Do we just assume we are always undetected or detected or what?

Mush Martin
04-12-07, 11:14 AM
Boy thats a good question Hmmmm.......

Mush Martin
04-12-07, 11:28 AM
How about this

go to

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific\Data\UPCData

then open GamePlaySettings upc file

and look for this

NoNoiseMeter=false

and change it to this

NoNoiseMeter=true

and pm me and let me know if it works or not.

regards
MM

Incandescent
04-12-07, 11:43 AM
And see if what works...if I get my arse Depth'ed!?
Or should an actual indicator appear?

AVGWarhawk
04-12-07, 11:50 AM
I don't think there is one:hmm:

My meter? When I get blasted out of the water.....they have seen me;)

Mush Martin
04-12-07, 11:51 AM
I dont think there is one either but they went to the bother
of putting it in the upc files????????????

and no you only have to get blown up for science if your me
but im curious to see if the depth meter appears I suppose
ill just put it up and take it out next time im in sh4 and see
what happens with it.

Mush Martin
04-12-07, 11:55 AM
ahhhh Dont bother anyway If you re read it as I posted it
above its the first setting that should have it appearing
not the second as the first setting is how I found it in situ
then there is no working stealth meter hidden in sh4

it just plain wont work.

sorry boys.
MM

SteamWake
04-12-07, 12:00 PM
If the DD's break from the convoy and steam at flank towards you... you may have been spotted.

If the aircraft begins a straffing run / bombing run.... you may have been spotted.

(Think Jeff Foxworthy)

Partsking
04-12-07, 12:39 PM
I'm glad they didn't include it. A bit too arcadish, IMHO. However, my crew and I didn't mind having it in SH3. :D

flintlock
04-12-07, 12:42 PM
I'm glad they didn't include it. A bit too arcadish, IMHO. I never used it either, though it comes down to a matter of personal choice. Those that wanted it could use it, those that didn't simply disabled it. Since Ubi is targeting the casual gamer with SH4 (as well as the grogs), I'm surprised the stealth meter wasn't included.

Partsking
04-12-07, 12:44 PM
I'm glad they didn't include it. A bit too arcadish, IMHO. I never used it either, though it comes down to a matter of personal choice. Those that wanted it could use it, those that didn't simply disabled it.
Righto. :up:

Perhaps someone can mod that in for those who'd use it. That'd be a nice addition to the palette.

nattydread
04-12-07, 05:28 PM
I dont understand the stealth meter. there was no real concrete way to determine ho wstealthy you were. Either you running normal or you were running as quiet as you could. If you want to be stealthy, go slow, if thats too slow for you add speed but realize your stealthiness is reduced...how much, who knows...except the DD listening for you. You just take what you get.

John Channing
04-12-07, 05:39 PM
In the absence of a working Stealth Meter, how about this (with apologies to Jeff Foxworthy)…

If think you are at periscope depth, but your depth meter reads 1250 feet and dropping…. you may have been spotted.

If you’re wondering why there is water up to your waste and you’re still in the Control Room… you may have been spotted.

If you find yourself on the bridge, but you’re still at 100ft… you may have been spotted.

If you’re able to look up and actually see the bottom of a destroyer…. you may have been spotted.

If you turn to ask your XO a question, and he is Japanese… you may have been spotted.

If you're looking through the periscope, and there is someone looking back... you may have been spotted.

JCC

Meridian
04-12-07, 06:23 PM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

-Pv-
04-12-07, 08:14 PM
" What happened to the Stealth meter we had in 3? Do we just assume we are always undetected or detected or what?"

Just because the meter is gone doesn't mean you can assume either of these things. You can be sighted. At what range and conditions? You'll have to learn that just like SH3 people did with the meter turned off. Fankly I don't meiss the meter because SH4 is behaving so close to what I leanred in SH3 that I can use the same procedures I did in that game and get along fine.
-Pv-

Jungman
04-12-07, 08:34 PM
Use it for debug modding purpose. useful for tuning the AI_Sensors and dumbness.

FAdmiral
04-12-07, 09:12 PM
In the absence of a working Stealth Meter, how about this (with apologies to Jeff Foxworthy)…

If think you are at periscope depth, but your depth meter reads 1250 feet and dropping…. you may have been spotted.

If you’re wondering why there is water up to your waste and you’re still in the Control Room… you may have been spotted.

If you find yourself on the bridge, but you’re still at 100ft… you may have been spotted.

If you’re able to look up and actually see the bottom of a destroyer…. you may have been spotted.

If you turn to ask your XO a question, and he is Japanese… you may have been spotted.

If you're looking through the periscope, and there is someone looking back... you may have been spotted.

JCC

OR if the little stealth ship icon turns bright RED......you have been spotted !! :yep:

JIM