PDA

View Full Version : North Sea hunting grounds?

94cruiser
04-11-07, 08:01 PM
Hello.
Installed GWX and I have started from Kiel from the begining of war,
besides my raid on Dunkirk I have not seen anything good.
Any thoughs?

azn_132
04-11-07, 08:05 PM
I perfer around the English Eastside but watched for mines there or hunt Around where Scapa is, like around AN13-14.

Alyebard
04-12-07, 02:24 AM
Visit
http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=Main_Page

and go to Hunting Grounds ! Good hunting!

Jimbuna
04-12-07, 05:27 AM
If I'm of the east coast I like to hang around Hartlepool (about 80km offshore) and welcome the traffic as it comes and goes :arrgh!:

xlbob
04-17-07, 04:04 AM
Try the strait between Orkney and Shetland, or north and north west of Shetland.

In my current (3rd) career, 3 rd patrol on a type VIIB, December 1939 I sunk three ships: a passenger cargo and a small freighter both with deck guns, and 1 large merchant (one torp and deck gun, hey I'm a casual skipper :D) all ships sunk north of Shetland, in less than a day.

Umfuld
04-17-07, 05:45 AM
North Sea you can find some stuff, sure. But for me nothing beats hanging out around the BF1 box. So much traffic, to and fro. Most of it British.

And of course the occasional convoy happens by.

I go north around England to get there, of course. Takes up a lot of fuel for early war boats. But once you get there you won't have to do much sailing around to find targets.

If you don't feel like making that trek though, AF74 - AF79 I find lots of solo merchants.

azn_132
04-17-07, 08:27 PM
Try the strait between Orkney and Shetland, or north and north west of Shetland.

In my current (3rd) career, 3 rd patrol on a type VIIB, December 1939 I sunk three ships: a passenger cargo and a small freighter both with deck guns, and 1 large merchant (one torp and deck gun, hey I'm a casual skipper :D) all ships sunk north of Shetland, in less than a day.

I jsut said that, around AN13-14-26.Also, I go around AN84 not too close to Der Kanal for loners too.