PDA

View Full Version : Having some trouble with sh4

Ilpalazzo
04-11-07, 06:48 PM
Right I'm sure some of this is covered somewhere but there are loads of pages and sorry but I don't have time to dig around. I am hoping somebody has quick answers for me like, "it is a known problem and may be fixed in the next patch" or, "here's how you add AA."

Ok so I finally ordered sh4 and within 4 days got it from newegg (free shipping;)) and so I installed it and messed with the options. quick reference here, I have a 4800 x2 proc, x1900xt video card, 2 gigs of ram and audigy 2zs sound. I figured I could get away with cranking everything up and not looking back :-? The game seems to run really good except for some weirdness regarding performance. I would expect lower fps during a heavy scene or something but it's weird how sometimes just looking in a certain direction causes my performance to cripple, but only when looking in that direction. Seems to fix itself after a while, but always randomly seems to happen again. I also have weird popups and overall just bad lod's. I suspect the game doesn't like me forcing 4af so I turned that off and I guess it's fine now, not sure maybe it's just me personally but I don't like how ships seem to just pop in focus and color. Haven't noticed dissappearing ships since I stopped forcing af but then again I haven't messed around much.

Now I simply have to say this, and yes I have to say it like this.....ZOMG!!!1 WTF! EWWWW my game is super jaggy! forcing aa is obviously not working and the game doesn't seem to have the option:cry::cry::cry: Oh what evil hath been wrought to befall this upon me! The game looks so horrible with these jaggies, even if it is in high res with neato effects.

Curious about resolution. I set it to 1680x1050 and it says 8:5. I know my aspect is 16:10, is 8:5 another way to go about saying that or is the game incorrect? I feel kinda dumb asking that but I have never had a game show 8:5. Everything seems to be fine as far as res goes but gah those jaggies make this game look like a turd no matter how nice the effects may be.

I am getting some sound stuttering/cutting issues. I am sure just messing with my settings a bit will fix that. Just thought I'd mention it. Think maybe I set the channels too high.

My watch crew are transparent:o wtf is that about. The guys in the sub look fine but the watch are ghosts. I read some things but I don't use a crack so I dunno why the game makes them look like ghosts.

I had some more complaints about the minimal playing I have done but I will keep them to myself until I get to play for a while. Having a beastly time trying to get used to the new interface. lol, I keep moving my cursor to the left of the screen and using old shortcuts that don't work, etc.

So uh with all that I would like to say, please assure me that everything will be alright.

donut
04-11-07, 07:06 PM
It's tobe Patched issues you speak of,I'm sure their other opinions.

Ilpalazzo
04-11-07, 07:09 PM
good to think it's not just me then.

SteamWake
04-11-07, 07:44 PM
Its weird I keep hearing folks talk about transparent crew members. I havent seen it yet.