PDA

View Full Version : Repeat Mission Assignments

Rettere
04-10-07, 11:03 PM
Hi, this is my first post here- just picked up Silent Hunter 4 after playing Silent Hunter 3 for a couple weeks. I'm still a rookie but I've got a big problem.

My first mission in career mode in SH4 was to drop off a spy on the Japanese mainland. I did it, but his little raft sank. Then I returned home and got assigned the same mission again. Again, I dropped the spy off. This time, he just went back and forth between land and where I dropped him, never actually going up on the beach. I situation reported and got a new objective, to engange merchant shipping. I used up all my torps and headed for home. Now, my third mission is yet ANOTHER spy dropoff. WTF! Sailing to the same place to drop off another spy who will inevitably not know how to row his rubber raft properly is really frustrating! Any tips on gettign the spy deployed properly this time, or breaking the mission rut?

Rettere

MikeJW
04-10-07, 11:13 PM
It gets stuck in a mission loop. I've heard one way to break the loop is to fail the mission. Dont drop the guy off, sink some ships or whatever, then return to base and end patrol. I've not tries it myself as I've just read that tonight.