PDA

View Full Version : A wreck outside Midway?

ScornEmperor
04-10-07, 09:18 PM
So sometimes when approaching Midway, my map is marked with a grey (neutral) sinking ship. A friend at work confirmed seeing this as well...however it isn't always there. Do the AI ships sometimes collide and sink in busy ports?

MikeJW
04-10-07, 09:24 PM
I'm sure they collide sometimes and I've seen a Japanese freighter catch fire because the sea kept bumping it against the dock. When the seas are rough small ships like fishing boats and small gunboats take enough damage they catch fire and sink.

Cap'n Crabs
04-10-07, 09:56 PM
I don't know about ports, but I was attacking a convoy and watched as a DD was T-boning one of the merchants. Neither were moving fast at all, but the DD just kept slowly banging into it. They stayed like that for a couple hours clanging and screeching. :huh:

jmr
04-11-07, 01:41 AM
I don't know about ports, but I was attacking a convoy and watched as a DD was T-boning one of the merchants. Neither were moving fast at all, but the DD just kept slowly banging into it. They stayed like that for a couple hours clanging and screeching. :huh:

If word gets out there's ship sex in the game it could very well end up being pulled from the shelves!

Faamecanic
04-11-07, 06:30 AM

How do you think little row-boats are made silly :lol:

joea
04-11-07, 07:18 AM
I'm sure they collide sometimes and I've seen a Japanese freighter catch fire because the sea kept bumping it against the dock. When the seas are rough small ships like fishing boats and small gunboats take enough damage they catch fire and sink.

Darn happens in SH3 too. well I guess you have to show ships taking damage somehow...plus even in war many ships get sunk in storms.

Cap'n Crabs
04-11-07, 07:55 AM
I was going to pour some water on them to break them up but... ehh didn't make much sense really. :)

John Channing
04-11-07, 11:35 AM

How do you think little row-boats are made silly :lol:

Well... when a man ship and a woman ship love each other very much they....

Ooooh, never mind.

JCC

SteamWake
04-11-07, 11:44 AM
I still get a chuckle out of the PT boats in SH3 machine gunning themselves into flames.

Ive seen ships as big as DD's flounder in SH3 have not witnessed it in 4 as yet but doesent really supprise me.

Ships do flounder and sink in real life too ya know.

MikeJW
04-11-07, 05:08 PM
Ships do flounder and sink in real life too ya know.

Yes, but if it's like SH3 it's overdone where every small boat in a storm catches fire. I remember in SH3 being surfaced in a storm and being attacked by 2-3 Elco boats, all of them blazing away at the time.