PDA

View Full Version : simHQ review

Skybird
04-10-07, 09:14 AM
http://www.simhq.com/_naval/naval_026a.html

Conclusion
While this game has merit as a realistic WWII submarine simulation, this naval warfare reviewer was somewhat saddened in the patched released product. I expected a purely realistic submarine simulation, and while this game came rather close to being that, there were still a few things that were far too exaggerated or were just "not there". There is some definite good, if not truly outstanding, things in this simulation. The graphics quality, along with the sound and musical score, are terrific. If the boat rises to the surface, one can look out to the horizon and see the setting sun and watch realistic-appearing water that seems to move with the boat. The combat sequences are very well done with beautifully rendered vessels showing stunning explosions and some colossal water effects that are second to none. With all of this technical expertise put into this game by a developer that is known for its pure realism, it is quite surprising that all of this work does not translate into a more perfect gaming experience. Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific is game for the tolerant. The product is a bit buggy and problematic at times. We can all hope it will be fixed very soon in upcoming patch releases. But for now I must conclude they did put forth an enjoyable game that met some of my expectations.

kiwi_2005
04-10-07, 10:47 AM
Yes i agree on the graphics, it will amaze you. For all the bugs in this game i have encountered so far, the game still gives me alot of satisfaction in playing it. Give the developers time and this game will be the masterpiece its meant to be.

Grunt
04-10-07, 02:16 PM
No blubbering on how SH4 is the best game ever?

The guy is clearly a nagging troll. :rotfl:

mookiemookie
04-10-07, 02:31 PM
No blubbering on repeatedly about how the game completely destroyed his family, his life and his will to live?

The guy is clearly an apologist fanboy :rotfl:

Mylander
04-12-07, 09:01 PM
The universe is clearly black and white...

Mylander

P_Funk
04-12-07, 09:17 PM
I think that he did pretty good for a true sim fan. I mean he said the graphics were nice. I thought real sim players HATED graphics.;)