PDA

View Full Version : Damn Dockyard...

Crazy Ian
04-09-07, 01:04 PM
Another random and trivial question I'm sure you'll all find.
Currently in Saint Nazire, it's November 1941 and I'm still stuck in the outside docks, and not the subpen.

I just wondered... do you get moved at some point into the pen itself?

The Munster
04-09-07, 01:35 PM
Ya complainin !
At least you get to hear the Band, it's all muffled in the pen !
:rotfl:

Herr Russ
04-09-07, 01:39 PM
Just left on my 22nd. patrol & have not seen the inside of a sub pen yet.. Playing patched vanilla if that makes any difference..

Crazy Ian
04-09-07, 01:43 PM
Ya complainin !
:lol:

I'd rather be in the pen.. I feel all exposed out here... :lol:

Dowly
04-09-07, 02:00 PM
Ya complainin !
:lol:
I'd rather be in the pen.. I feel all exposed out here... :lol:

I love the pens. On one WaW patrol ages ago, I was in Brest waiting for the order from BdU to move in to the channel to intercept the invasion force of D-Day. The harbour came under attack from allied bombers. Good thing I was close to the subpens, so I just quickly rushed my sub to one of them. ;)

Iron Budokan
04-09-07, 02:42 PM
Hm. I've started patrols from the pens before. I think it depends on which flotilla you're in, and harbor...?

Brag
04-10-07, 04:23 AM
Enjoy the sunshine while you can. Aren't Goering's boys protecting us? :roll:

KevinB
04-10-07, 04:56 AM
I think in Bergen you start in a pen.

cardician
04-10-07, 05:17 AM
Started in a pen once myself. Stopped off at a milkcow in one of the French ports and when I started the next patrol I was inside the pen. Pretty cool really.

Herr Russ
04-10-07, 09:50 AM

My last two patrols were from Bergen (Lorient fell) and I've yet to see the inside of a pen.. If I don't get too banged up this time, maybe I can return to one instead of sailing back to the dock..

KevinB
04-10-07, 09:53 AM

My last two patrols were from Bergen (Lorient fell) and I've yet to see the inside of a pen.. If I don't get too banged up this time, maybe I can return to one instead of sailing back to the dock..

That's strange, when I started in September 44 in a type XXI it was definitely from the pen.

Herr Russ
04-10-07, 10:29 AM

That's strange, when I started in September 44 in a type XXI it was definitely from the pen.

I'm still running an IXC if that matters..

mimik
04-10-07, 12:11 PM
i'm currently on my 2nd patrol (Oct 1939) and both times i've started from the sub pens..