PDA

View Full Version : Wierd error [RESOLVED]

Mooncatt
04-08-07, 08:10 AM
hi i just recently installed the patch. ever since then i have encountered worse bugs than before. the main one thats screwed everything up is that upon firing a torpedo nothing comes out of the tubes! there is no torp in the water at all, no wakes, no torpedo postion on the attack map (modelled in sh3 not sure about sh4) i have tested this numerous times and its like a topedo never got fired at all.
any way i decided to reinstall sh4 altogether. i deleted every folder i could find that was linked to sh4. i also made sure the reg key was gone. half way through install i get this message.......

CRC error the C:/program files/ubisoft/sh4.exe doesnt match the file in the setups.cab file the medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted please contact your software vender.

what on gods green earth does this mean and how can i fix it.
thanx in advance guys i know your response will be fast as always :up:

Mooncatt
04-08-07, 08:36 AM
no probs now i fixed it, i had some crap on the disc :nope:

Front Runner
04-08-07, 08:40 AM
RESOLVED - I was posting this as you solved it.

hi i just recently installed the patch. ever since then i have encountered worse bugs than before. the main one thats screwed everything up is that upon firing a torpedo nothing comes out of the tubes! there is no torp in the water at all, no wakes, no torpedo postion on the attack map (modelled in sh3 not sure about sh4) i have tested this numerous times and its like a topedo never got fired at all.
any way i decided to reinstall sh4 altogether. i deleted every folder i could find that was linked to sh4. i also made sure the reg key was gone. half way through install i get this message.......

CRC error the C:/program files/ubisoft/sh4.exe doesnt match the file in the setups.cab file the medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted please contact your software vender.

what on gods green earth does this mean and how can i fix it.

thanx in advance guys i know your response will be fast as always :up:

Did you "un-install" SH4 using the remove software icon in the Windows Control Panel, or did you just delete the folders?

Also, you will need to delete the SH4 in your Documents folder after "un-installing" SH4 through the Windows Control Panel.

Try installing it to a folder other than C:/program files/ubisoft.
I believe the install program gives you that option in one of the first screens.

If that doesn't work, try reverting to an earlier system restore point.

Good luck!

Mooncatt
04-08-07, 09:40 AM
hehehe thanx anyway front runner :up: