PDA

View Full Version : Major Performance improvement (Realtek sound cards)

WFGood
04-07-07, 08:46 PM
This may be more suited for the tech help post, but I wanted as many people to see it as possible. For those of you that have RealTek HD sound cards on board,they just released an updated audio codec two days ago (1.64) I had 1.62, and I almost didn't download, but I am glad that I did. My in-game performance skyrocketed. I have not noticed any sound enhancements, but the FPS went right up, and I no longer experience stutters at all, even in the middle of large formations.

Dustyboats
04-08-07, 05:58 AM
This may be more suited for the tech help post, but I wanted as many people to see it as possible. For those of you that have RealTek HD sound cards on board,they just released an updated audio codec two days ago (1.64) I had 1.62, and I almost didn't download, but I am glad that I did. My in-game performance skyrocketed. I have not noticed any sound enhancements, but the FPS went right up, and I no longer experience stutters at all, even in the middle of large formations.

Thanks for this...What a difference !

daft
04-08-07, 07:12 AM
What Realtek sound cards are HD capable? I have a AC97 I think, and from the looks of it, no HD drivers are available for my model.

daft
04-08-07, 08:18 AM
I tried installing the drivers you mentioned even though I wasn't certain they were for my card. Result? MAJOR improvement in performance. I can now run the game with environmental effects turned on and still get better FPS than I had before updating my drivers. :up:

nvdrifter
04-08-07, 09:11 AM

Thanks for this tip. I updated my driver and am now getting an extra 4-5 FPS. :up:

stabiz
04-08-07, 02:12 PM
Where are you getting this? The realtek site is way slow.

Go4It
04-08-07, 02:17 PM
Whats the link for these drivers?

I have a realtek onboard sound an your version doesn't match mine.My OnBoard version is ALC850 an the site is http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True Version A3.99 @ 17+ mb

stabiz
04-08-07, 02:27 PM
Yeah, but this is about high definition sound codecs, not all motherboards support that.

stabiz
04-08-07, 05:51 PM
Thanks for this!:up: It didnt help much in SH4, but Armed Assault runs better now.

tedhealy
04-08-07, 06:22 PM
Whats the link for these drivers?

I have a realtek onboard sound an your version doesn't match mine.My OnBoard version is ALC850 an the site is http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True Version A3.99 @ 17+ mb
These drivers are not for you then. ALC850 is not HDA, but AC97. The link you listed is the driver for you.