PDA

View Full Version : How come my torpedoes keep missing the target?

BooBooLovesAll
04-07-07, 03:48 PM
Am I doing something wrong?:o

I put the 'crosshairs' on the ship...'lock it', then fire the selected amount of torps.

This even happens when I have the doors pre-open... they miss about atleast 25 yards off its stern.

Grothesj2
04-07-07, 03:59 PM
There was a bug using fast setting. Are you using the fast setting? How far away are you shooting from?

BooBooLovesAll
04-07-07, 04:01 PM
There was a bug using fast setting. Are you using the fast setting? How far away are you shooting from?

No.. slow. Mark 16 torp.

Generally within 1000 yards.

Gildor
04-07-07, 04:05 PM
It is a bug mentioned in many posts too numerous to mention.

I just aim with a bit of gyro angle to compensate.

BooBooLovesAll
04-07-07, 04:08 PM
It is a bug mentioned in many posts too numerous to mention.

I just aim with a bit of gyro angle to compensate.

What an annoying bug..:-?

I'll try with the gyro angle..

tater
04-07-07, 04:57 PM
In the mods forum there is a discussion about ship dimensions. It appears as if the dimensions that the ship actually is, and those fed into the TDC (by the player manually, or the computer in the other mode) are different for some ships. That mans the ranges are wrong, and the torps miss. Assuming I understand the problem correctly.

BooBooLovesAll
04-07-07, 05:16 PM
In the mods forum there is a discussion about ship dimensions. It appears as if the dimensions that the ship actually is, and those fed into the TDC (by the player manually, or the computer in the other mode) are different for some ships. That mans the ranges are wrong, and the torps miss. Assuming I understand the problem correctly.

Thats a pretty big bug imo..