PDA

View Full Version : SD radar

Egon01
04-07-07, 11:04 AM
Hi

When I start new carrier in 1941 I can fit on my sub only AA SD radar. I understand it should search for aircraft contacts but I noticed it shows me surface contacts. There never happened it spoted any aircrafts. Is it buged ?

And my another question about this radar: can I use it manualy ? When I go to radar room I can't turn them on. Maybe there is hidden room with this radar :) but I checked all rooms, all shortcuts and nothing.

Thanks

WFGood
04-07-07, 11:27 AM
Try a forum search. All of these questions have been asked and answered in the last couple of weeks.

John Channing
04-07-07, 11:49 AM
Hi

When I start new carrier in 1941 I can fit on my sub only AA SD radar. I understand it should search for aircraft contacts but I noticed it shows me surface contacts. There never happened it spoted any aircrafts. Is it buged ?

And my another question about this radar: can I use it manualy ? When I go to radar room I can't turn them on. Maybe there is hidden room with this radar :) but I checked all rooms, all shortcuts and nothing.

Thanks

Or, as a new and welcome member of our Forums, you can do just what you did and ask a polite question and someone would help you (just like I am about to try to do).

There is a bug that allows SD Radar to pick up surface contacts. Hopefully this will addressed in the next patch.

I am not sure I understand you second quesion. If you click on the "Radar" icon you should be transfered to the Radar station. From there the "Search" icon should work. As far as I know the actual swiches in the game do not function.

When you get SJ Radar you can use the "Home" and "End" key to rotate the heads. Works in the Sonar station as well.

Welcome aboard.

JCC

Arrowhead2k1
04-07-07, 11:50 AM
First, yes it is bugged.

Second, your radar operator is the only one onboard with access to it, and he's not spilling the beans as to how he gets his info.

Egan
04-07-07, 12:33 PM
It would be nice if the Radar had differently worded messages for SD and SJ radar contacts. Later in the war you lose valuable time checking to see if it is a surface contact or not. As far as I know, SD didn't give a bearing, just range so removing the bearing part of the message would be fine.

Egon01
04-07-07, 12:54 PM
Thank you for answers.

Anyway, when I click on Radar section icon it transfers me to radar room but both radars don't work ( I don't see this :ping: on radars windows). I have SD radar on my sub, the first one which you can fit on sub when you start carrer in 1941 year. The "Turn on/off" radar icon is greyed, I can't turn it on but from time to time my radar man gives me surface contacts. Very strange.

akdavis
04-07-07, 03:47 PM
Thank you for answers.

Anyway, when I click on Radar section icon it transfers me to radar room but both radars don't work ( I don't see this :ping: on radars windows). I have SD radar on my sub, the first one which you can fit on sub when you start carrer in 1941 year. The "Turn on/off" radar icon is greyed, I can't turn it on but from time to time my radar man gives me surface contacts. Very strange.

Those two screens are not for SD radar. They are for the later SJ radar. SD radar has no display. The sub interiors do not change with upgrades, unfortunately.

Egon01
04-07-07, 04:09 PM
That explains everything :) Thank you.