04-07-07, 06:10 AM
Replay feature:rock:

That is all I have to say about that:yep:

ReallyDedPoet
04-07-07, 06:26 AM
Have not checked it out yet, but nice option:up::up:

Captain_Jack
04-07-07, 06:28 AM
Yes...but if you save your career patrol and then come back later to continue it then you can no longer save a Replay....:down: :down: :down:

AVGWarhawk
04-07-07, 06:29 AM
I just did and it is very cool. It is like playing a DVD. You can advance it or go back. Watch all the action. This is a really nice feature that not to many have spoken about.

After you quite your patrol to the save screen, click on the Replay Save and go watch it.:up:

AVGWarhawk
04-07-07, 06:30 AM
Yes...but if you save your career patrol and then come back later to continue it then you can no longer save a Replay....:down: :down: :down:

I have not got that far. I will check it out. Maybe delete the replay in the SH4 folder in MY DOCUMENTS might take care of that issue.

Mush Martin
04-07-07, 06:32 AM
You should be able to pick out and back up any replay shouldnt you.?

AVGWarhawk
04-07-07, 06:34 AM
You should be able to pick out and back up any replay shouldnt you.?

Not sure Mush. I have only made one save.

Meridian
04-11-07, 05:34 AM
I just came across a taskforce. Managed to sink 2 out of 4 carriers, 1 Heavy Cruiser and wounded another Light Cruiser. Left the area and went to save but the save replay was greyed out and wouldn't let me select it.

I'd saved 2 replays earlier in the career and they worked OK. The time I really wanted it to work and it choked. :damn:

kiwi_2005
04-11-07, 07:02 AM
Ah is thats what the replay for, ive seen it there but never tried it thought i might stuff something up:88) . So this replays our mission:hmm: Wonder when we get a good replay thats worth watching we can grab the file and send it to youtube?

@AVGWarhawk

I started up a career in hard mode today and your right the destroyers now chase me, i was depth charge , i barely survived. Way better now.:arrgh!:

Blood_splat
04-11-07, 07:46 AM
I notice when I run replay, the torp impacts aren't present. I'm like wtf there should be 4 holes in that ship. It reminds me of what il2 would do sometimes.:88)

AVGWarhawk
04-11-07, 07:58 AM
Ah is thats what the replay for, ive seen it there but never tried it thought i might stuff something up:88) . So this replays our mission:hmm: Wonder when we get a good replay thats worth watching we can grab the file and send it to youtube?

@AVGWarhawk

I started up a career in hard mode today and your right the destroyers now chase me, i was depth charge , i barely survived. Way better now.:arrgh!:

Yes, these settings do affect the AI and contacts. I'm sure of it.:yep:

Captain_Jack
04-11-07, 08:30 AM
The Replay Feature is a nice tease. You can only save a Replay at the start of a career. If you decide to leave the game and come back later, then there is no longer any way to save a replay.

Oh well, another problem to add to the list. Maybe when Patch 1.2 is released in 2008 all our problems will be solved.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm just going to park my SUB for awhile and wait for the new patch....

For now its off to Europa Universalis III and the Conquest of the New World!!

Torpex752
04-11-07, 10:03 AM
There is a box that MUST be checked each and every time you save and want to save the replay. So basically, check the box the first time and then every time after and it'll be there. Its not bugged, it works fine.

Frank
:cool:

CCIP
04-11-07, 10:09 AM
Well, at the least you need a continuous 'trail' of replay saves from every session you do with SHIV, otherwise it'll be greyed out.

Works for me no problem here, I save regularly!

Meridian
04-11-07, 12:14 PM
So you're forced to save a replay everytime you actually save the game because if you save a few times without checking the replay feature it won't work.

YEAH, sounds like it works fine to me too. :nope:

CCIP
04-11-07, 12:21 PM
Not everytime. I believe every time you exit the game/mission is fine. And I mean 1) replays don't really take up THAT much space; 2) replay saves still function same as normal saves if you press 'load' instead of 'replay'. Why the complaining? I think the feature is way more than we could've asked for, even :hmm:

AVGWarhawk
04-11-07, 12:24 PM
Not everytime. I believe every time you exit the game/mission is fine. And I mean 1) replays don't really take up THAT much space; 2) replay saves still function same as normal saves if you press 'load' instead of 'replay'. Why the complaining? I think the feature is way more than we could've asked for, even :hmm:

:yep::up:

CCIP
04-11-07, 12:31 PM
What WOULD make the replay feature a lot better is a 'follow unit' camera and perhaps a 'god's eye' map as well :hmm:

Meridian
04-11-07, 01:28 PM

About 80mb per replay, depends on what your definition of "Not Much" is. Also depends on how much time has elapsed on what size the replay is.

Wasn't really a complaint, just an observation and wondering why it won't let you save a replay after saving the game normally without it checked for a while.

i.e. I leave port, 2 hours game time later I save and check the replay function. 2 hours later I save again without replay checked. 2 hours after that I save and I can no longet select the replay.

Snacko
04-15-07, 02:37 PM
Yea, it may work when it works. But the Enabling and Disabling of the 'Save Replay' checkbox is whacked! Needs to be fixed. Seems like it should be an easy fix though...