PDA

View Full Version : We're out of oxygen!!!!

GoldenRivet
04-06-07, 03:31 PM
oh no wait - nevermind.

Anyone notice that anytime they submerge - regardless of the oxygen level or how long they are submerged when you order to surface the text window says

"We're out of oxygen sir! we must surface!!"

it does this every time i go under then surface even if i was only submerged for one minute

Schultzy
04-06-07, 03:39 PM
Yep. I think it's something to do with it counting up from 0 to 100 to tell you the level of co2 but when you surface, the co2 drops back to zero and it thinks it is out of co2, but for some reason triggers the out of oxygen text message.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense, that's the best I can come up with!

DeuceHalo
04-06-07, 04:06 PM
Should be a pretty easy bug for the programmers to squash in a patch. You shouldn't get the message until say you hit 95% CO2 (ie, only 5% oxygen left).

joea
04-06-07, 04:14 PM
Should be a pretty easy bug for the programmers to squash in a patch. You shouldn't get the message until say you hit 95% CO2 (ie, only 5% oxygen left).

Err no impossible to have 5% oxygen you'd be dead before then.

-Pv-
04-06-07, 04:21 PM
I suspect the menu.txt message:
"4423=We're out of oxygen! We must surface, sir!"

...is being triggered by the wrong event in the game logic.
-Pv-

DeuceHalo
04-06-07, 04:34 PM
Err no impossible to have 5% oxygen you'd be dead before then.

Well, you'd pass out long before that. But it was just an example. The way it's programmed now, when you have 0% CO2 and 100% O2, you get the message.