PDA

View Full Version : How to make trackIR 2 work in 64bit xp

porphy
04-06-07, 09:23 AM
Hi

I moved to XP Pro 64 a few days ago. It really looked like my trackIR 2 wouldn't make the move due to lack of 64bit drivers.
On Natural point forums they repeatadly said that there will be no driver support for trackir2 in 64 bit, due to hardware differences and what not, moving support to future products (bla bla). Which turns out to be not true and obviously just is a way to get former customers to spend cash on the new trackir 4 hardware in case you want to run 64bit. :down: :down:

Follow ths instruction to get your trackIr 2 to run under XPPro 64bit.

Thanks to AeroWB who provided this. :up: i just did a flight in IL2 and it works as a charm.

1) Install TrackIR 4 software (I used 4.1.029 beta 4) this package comes with a working TrackIR 2 driver for Windows X64, the TrackIR 4 software will however not work with the TrackIR 2.

2) Install TrackIR 3 software (I used 3.13) this package comes with a driver we will not use, but the application will run with the driver provided in the TrackIR 4 package.

3) Start the application that came with the 3.x software load your profile and play a game!

Cheers Porphy