PDA

View Full Version : Very Low Voice Sounds ?????

gapman
04-06-07, 09:01 AM
Suddenly, the crew voice sounds calling out the orders I give is VERY LOW(I can almost not hear them-except when I go to above water view). I checked all my sound settings and voice is on high + Windows sound is on high also).If I go to periscope view the voices lower to almost unheard levels(whisper-not on silent running either). Any ideas ? Thanks

mookiemookie
04-06-07, 09:04 AM
The only way around this it seems is to turn down all the volumes on the music, sound effects, etc and make sure voice volume is maxxed. Then adjust your Windows and/or speaker volumes accordingly.

AirborneTD
04-06-07, 01:36 PM
the voices are fine in my game but I can't hear any explosions or ships breaking up on the hydrophones. Kinda takes away from the immersion. Still love this game though.

kakemann
04-06-07, 02:12 PM
I downloaded ALO audioeditor to edit .ogg files and reduced the volume level on all the music files. It took some time, but I also added all the music files from SH3 which had a lower volume level. So I now have both soundtracks in the game! beautiful!

tommyk
04-06-07, 02:37 PM
Suddenly? Hmm, I never had them loud... I replaced the music files with ogg of 3mins silence and set the rulers to max but the crew is still quite timid...

NefariousKoel
04-06-07, 02:47 PM
The only way around this it seems is to turn down all the volumes on the music, sound effects, etc and make sure voice volume is maxxed. Then adjust your Windows and/or speaker volumes accordingly.
This is what I did. Lower the other settings and crank the volume up higher. I had the same problems with SH3 and SH2 also if I recall correctly.

Skubber
04-06-07, 03:58 PM
That's what I did, too. Lowered all the sounds, but kept voices at max, and raised my system's volume.

It's better, but voices are still too quiet, say, relative to the loud sound of the periscope rising, etc.

I thought it was all working okay, but then I was attacked from the air. AA fire was almost inaudible, yet the ship's engine sounds were loud.

I'm sure this will get sorted out. This one should be easy to mod if the devs don't get around to it.

SHARKMEAT
07-22-07, 01:58 PM
I wish a modder could get a fix on this crew speech sound problem, it sure would be nice to hear the crew, I never listen to music in my games so no loss there, and besides there is no place for music in combat, got to be focused at all times..........CHEERS

FAdmiral
07-22-07, 04:05 PM
After installing 1.3, I had this problem too, see thread below

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=118824

JIM