PDA

View Full Version : How do you setup a dmg-ctrl team?

Teh_Diplomat
04-06-07, 12:57 AM
I've tried putting crew in the section, yet when I press "Make assigned team go to damage control station" they never move. I've tried moving those men in before a mission to perhaps have the game recognize it. Any help would be appreciated(the Manual truly lacks any pertinant information regarding the entire game),

:arrgh!:

tedhealy
04-06-07, 01:00 AM
Click and drag the guys to the damage control area. Then enable the damage control team with the menu at the very bottom.

Teh_Diplomat
04-06-07, 01:03 AM
Click and drag the guys to the damage control area. Then enable the damage control team with the menu at the very bottom.

And this will enable them in the future?

tedhealy
04-06-07, 01:07 AM
When they are enabled you will see the damage control bar turn a darker gray in the space where you dragged the crew pictures. This means they are enabled, just like how the current watch is highlighted with a darker gray.

They will be enabled until you click the button again to disable them or you drag guys out of the damage control team and put them somewhere else. I don't think an automatic shift change will disable them, but I'm not 100% sure on that. You don't want them enabled throughout your patrol though, that will tire them and make them worthless.

Teh_Diplomat
04-06-07, 01:12 AM
When they are enabled you will see the damage control bar turn a darker gray in the space where you dragged the crew pictures. This means they are enabled, just like how the current watch is highlighted with a darker gray.

They will be enabled until you click the button again to disable them or you drag guys out of the damage control team and put them somewhere else. I don't think an automatic shift change will disable them, but I'm not 100% sure on that. You don't want them enabled throughout your patrol though, that will tire them and make them worthless.

Oh, ok, so they are on damage control duty they just don't go to that section in your Sub-management?

Thanks Ted!

-Pv-
04-06-07, 06:24 PM
The damage control team row (below the three crew watch sections) IS the damage control area. There is no other place for them to "move" to. When the damage control row turns dark grey, they are ACTIVELY REPAIRING anything that needs it or are waiting for damage to occur. When the section is NOT GREY, they are on station as damage control (which is not a PLACE but a status.) Dedicated damage control teams wander all over the ship. The only difference is they had specific responsability to react to emergencies rather than man the other stations such as control room, etc. There is no visual indication in the crew management other than the dark grey that they have moved to any particular part of the ship to do repairs. If you go to the damage control screen when you have damage, you will see they are indeed working on stuff. You don't have to move them there for that to happen. They do it on their own.

Two actions activicate them and they go into repair mode:
1) Click battle stations (also activates repair.)
2) Click repair (repair without battle stations.)

Repair teams stay activated until you click on the repair icon again. When you go into action, it's good to have them activated ahead of time so there is no delay in repairing the boat. Every second counts when you're taking on water and machinery quits.
-Pv-

melin71
04-06-07, 06:44 PM
I allways recrut the whole sub before i go off to patroll. so the damage team are filled up. ony move around if someone are hurt or dead.

Kolmar
04-07-07, 04:18 AM
If you are wondering what stats are best for you repair crew, this post might help a bit:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6421019045/m/4831095845

:)

FoddaUK
04-07-07, 06:16 AM
OK... It's explain to the landlubber time... ;)

I'm not at all sure about this DCT thing, or crewing in general.

At the start of my first mission, I have a full complement of crew, EXCEPT there are three places empty, 2 in aft torp room and one in for torp room. I assumed these were the positions occupied by those manning the guns (3 crewmen) when they weren't actually required to be sitting at the artillery.

Also missing are a complete damage control party, fine, I thought these slots would be filled by other crewmembers when the time came.

So... Do I fill every available space in the crew roster before I start my mission and hope that the DCT and gunners actually get some sleep some time?

Or do I leave enough spaces in the three watch lines to account for the DCT and gunners?

I'm confused. So far I've run 2 missions with nobody in the DCT (as moving them there from a different place on the sub makes the efficiency of that compartment drop). Was a real pain when I got bombed and suffered severe flooding in the stern, but once I'd got enough men in the DCT from other stations it was fixed (after a fashion).

AVGWarhawk
04-07-07, 06:21 AM
This is how I handle it. Based on reading up on the number of crew, most subs had a complement of 70 crewmen. You start with I believe 67 men. I recruit 3 more men and put them in the damage control slots. I leave these three to repair. If I need more, click and drag more men into the open slots. Seems to work out very well for me.

FoddaUK
04-07-07, 06:31 AM
Cheers AVGW, I'll try that next time I'm in dock.

novafluxx
04-07-07, 06:31 AM
OK... It's explain to the landlubber time... ;)

I'm not at all sure about this DCT thing, or crewing in general.

At the start of my first mission, I have a full complement of crew, EXCEPT there are three places empty, 2 in aft torp room and one in for torp room. I assumed these were the positions occupied by those manning the guns (3 crewmen) when they weren't actually required to be sitting at the artillery.

Also missing are a complete damage control party, fine, I thought these slots would be filled by other crewmembers when the time came.

So... Do I fill every available space in the crew roster before I start my mission and hope that the DCT and gunners actually get some sleep some time?

Or do I leave enough spaces in the three watch lines to account for the DCT and gunners?

I'm confused. So far I've run 2 missions with nobody in the DCT (as moving them there from a different place on the sub makes the efficiency of that compartment drop). Was a real pain when I got bombed and suffered severe flooding in the stern, but once I'd got enough men in the DCT from other stations it was fixed (after a fashion).

I have a FULL compliment before each mission, I know that even modern day subs hot bunk, so there doens't need to be room for them all to sleep at the same time. I keep a compliment in the DMG control at all times, ready to be activated when I need them, without taking away from other compartments.

FoddaUK
04-07-07, 06:34 AM
And thanks to you too NF. Two different ways of doing it... :-?

I'll start a couple of new campaigns and try them out to see which is the better system, if either...

Hmmm... wonder how the ships are crewed in the standard missions...