PDA

View Full Version : Looping sounds at screen changes...

SteamWake
04-05-07, 01:20 PM
Sorry if I missed this one but dont remember it being discussed.

I have a slight issue with the sound / music looping when I change stations. Eg control room to bridge. The sound loops for 2 or 3 seconds, once the new station loads all is fine.

Any quick ideas ? I hope it doesent lead to CTD's

Ive only played SH4 for a few hours now and only had one ctd when I intentionally pressed the A key to see if it did... and it does ;)

Banquet
04-05-07, 01:31 PM
I get that when I load a save or start a patrol.. starting in the control room when I move to the bridge it hesitates for a second or two and any sound playing tends to loop. After that I think it must be in memory cache because it doesn't happen again.

I don't think it will lead to CTD's though.

AVGWarhawk
04-05-07, 01:52 PM
I get this also. It does not CTD for me. Heck, it did it in SH3. I might get another gig of RAM to help smooth it out. After a will once all your screens have been shown and the hard drive has settled down loading everything it does not happen to often.

Werewolf13
04-05-07, 04:39 PM
SH4 needs lots of memory. If you don't have the real thing then create it.

I had that problem too - until I changed my virtual memory to 1534Mb min and max from the "let system manage it" setting.

I still get the problem but only for a few seconds and only at the very start of the game. It seems once the various stations are in the virtual memory cache the problem goes away.

tommyk
04-05-07, 05:59 PM
I have this looping sounds too but only when I load a savegame or switching to captains log when its big and never a CTD due to that...

Yes, it only very minor but its also a shame not to fade out music when you load a savegame. Why not continue to play the music? Fade it out when you are done loading and jumping to game routine... :nope: