PDA

View Full Version : Transport Madness or a bug?

Hammer-GS
04-04-07, 10:34 PM
So I was on patrol of Honshu running on the surface at night when radar detected two ships moving fast towards me. I set myself up in what I thought was prefect attack position. I spotted two transports (Huge European Liner and a Large Old) travelling at 17-19 knots. I knew they would pass close in front but it was to close and they spotted me. I was shocked to see them slow down to 4 knots and turn away. At that speed I was able to submerge, reposition and easily sink them both.

I have witnessed this quite a few times from fast groups especially transports. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

WFGood
04-04-07, 11:23 PM
Yes, it has been noted and reported in the bug thread. It happens quite often, although it usually happens after a torpedo is fired in my experience.

jerryt
04-05-07, 02:43 PM
So I was on patrol of Honshu running on the surface at night when radar detected two ships moving fast towards me. I set myself up in what I thought was prefect attack position. I spotted two transports (Huge European Liner and a Large Old) travelling at 17-19 knots. I knew they would pass close in front but it was to close and they spotted me. I was shocked to see them slow down to 4 knots and turn away. At that speed I was able to submerge, reposition and easily sink them both.

I have witnessed this quite a few times from fast groups especially transports. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

I had this exact thing happen with the same ships last night. I was chasing them at flank speed, and it seems that once I got within a certain range, they did the slow and turn thing. I actually sank them both with the deck gun! :o I shot up the large liner and the other just sat there until I got around to it.