PDA

View Full Version : How do I end a patrol?

Donavan
04-04-07, 10:07 PM
I'm on my second patrol out of Manilla. However Manilla was captured by the time I finished the mission. So I cruised to Midway to finish the mission. However the only options I had when I got there was, refit, or postpone. The option to choose End Patrol is greyed out.

Any clue what to do?

Thanks.

WFGood
04-04-07, 10:25 PM
What was your original mission assignment? I have not run into this problem before, but I have seen other posts about it. Do you have any torpedoes left? This seems to make a difference in whether you may end a patrol or not. I wish I could be more helpful. (As an aside, when I was in the Asiatic and Manila was captured, I went to Java, but I doubt it would make any difference where you dock.)

Donavan
04-04-07, 10:44 PM
Well the original mission was to take pictures, which I did. Between picture destinations I ran accross an enemy task force. I took out a light cruiser and four destroyers, along with 3 of the 8 transports they were protecting. This took two days (game time) and all my torpedos, and some deck gun action to finish off a wounded, left behind destroyer.

Finally I got the last pic and completed the mission. While I was doing all this the Japs captured Manilla, so I couldn't return to my original base. That's when I spent a week (game time) to get to Midway.

And once there I can't end the patrol. Just refit or postpone. I cruised all around the 2 islands there trying to "end patrol"

I worked hard on this mission. Maybe I was supposed to not fight in the damn war and just evade the task force to take pictures like I was on holiday.

Frustrating.

NefariousKoel
04-04-07, 11:57 PM
If your base used to be in the Phillipines, then your next base is at Surabaya on Java. After that gets taken, it'll be at Freemantle on the west side of Australia.

Donavan
04-05-07, 02:29 AM
thanks, i'll try that.

Donavan
04-05-07, 01:30 PM
That worked, thanks alot. :up:

Schultzy
04-13-07, 07:05 PM
@NefariousKoel

Thanks from me too. Just saved me trash canning a good first patrol out of frustration. :up:

NefariousKoel
04-13-07, 09:26 PM
Welcome guys!

Hopefully you didn't get some holes in you going home. ;)

Grotius
04-14-07, 12:12 PM
I have a similar issue, but in my case my original base was Soerabaja. I just got a message that Java has been invaded (not that it's fallen), but I don't see an anchor icon by Soerabaja anymore. I'm heading south out of the Philippines, somewhat low on fuel. I assume I need to go somewhere other than Soerabaja. I think I can reach Brisbane, which is still a friendly port. So I should refuel there and then head to west Australia? Perth or some such? How does one know which is one's new "home" base?

NefariousKoel
04-14-07, 12:15 PM
If your previous base was Surabaya and the anchor is gone, your next home base should be Freemantle, SW Australia. You can always resupply at the other bases in the meantime though.

Grotius
04-14-07, 01:13 PM
Thanks. Fremantle (Perth) was indeed my next home base, so I'm OK. I don't think the Japanese will be taking west Australia. :)