PDA

View Full Version : This game does whatever it wants

waste gate
04-04-07, 06:12 PM
OK, frustration and disallusion. Started my first patrol and evreything went well. Zered in on my first convoy, sank four ships including a destroyer, only received credit for three. Took quite a beating and recieved dammage to both prepellor shafts which reduced both my under water and surface speed. I have injured crewman and I complete my patrol area. I figure I'd head to Guam for a refit. As I exit the area I receive a message giving me another patrol area. OK, after my refit and repairs I'll be up to the remainder of the patrol.

I refit at Guam and everything looks good, full torp load and the damage repaired. As soon as I leave the refit area of Guam all the damage is back. Sure I have a full load of torpedos but I can only make 11KT on the surface and 4Kt submerged.

I'm thinking I have a less than capable boat and many men's lives to think about. Back to Brisbane (my home port) I go and when I get there I cannot dock.

I'm stuck in this bloody patrol forever! And I'm pissed about it!!!

Has anyone else had simular experience?

donut
04-04-07, 06:44 PM
Do you send Status Reports,did you sink something,send contact report on convoy intercept. It seems all of this is necessary,to be able to return to base.LOL

waste gate
04-04-07, 07:10 PM
Do you send Status Reports,did you sink something,send contact report on convoy intercept. It seems all of this is necessary,to be able to return to base.LOL

Did all that.

donut
04-04-07, 07:15 PM

Did all that.-------------All's left is use all your fish.:lol:

Ducimus
04-04-07, 07:25 PM
Its interesting to note that the game does keep check to see if you have torpedos aboard or not. I know if you get a straight up "sink enemy shipping" mission, its not considered accomplished until you have no more torpedos aboard.

waste gate
04-04-07, 07:32 PM
Since I'm at Brisbane, I guess I'l use them all now. That should wake them.