PDA

View Full Version : What is GWX?

04-04-07, 01:06 PM
what is GWX? and why should I use it to play SH4?
thanks

Gizzmoe
04-04-07, 01:08 PM
GWX is a major mod for SH3:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=102096

AVGWarhawk
04-04-07, 01:09 PM
GWX is a super mod for SH3. It will not work in SH4. Hopefully down the road SH4 will have a super mod.

NefariousKoel
04-04-07, 01:14 PM
Gopher War Xtreme!!!

04-04-07, 01:16 PM
thanks,
I'll get it as soon as it's ready for sh4.

ReallyDedPoet
04-04-07, 01:16 PM
thanks,
I'll get it as soon as it's ready for sh4.

:o:o:o Not sure if that is in the works.

Get it in its present state, it rocks:yep:

04-04-07, 01:20 PM
Why do people run it for sh4 when it's for sh3?

edit: YUT! I'm now an electrician's mate, now to goto work in the conning tower!

ReallyDedPoet
04-04-07, 01:23 PM

edit: YUT! I'm now an electrician's mate, now to goto work in the conning tower!

They don't, it is for SH3 only.

Church SUBSIM
04-04-07, 02:25 PM
what is GWX? and why should I use it to play SH4?
thanks

hehe ... he's gonna download this, install it, load up SH III and think Christmas time is here ... in April!

Damn I love that "Christmas Feel"

SteamWake
04-04-07, 02:32 PM
As everyone has said its a super mod.

What no one has pointed out is that it makes a good game great. :know:

I eagerly await what may be in store for SH4 :up:

Steppenwolf
04-04-07, 02:43 PM
It is ONLY for SH3.

It's not really a mod in the same sense as the other mods you see here for SH3 and SH4. It is a "supermod". A massive overhaul (made up from hundreds of individual mods) of the entire SH3 game consisting of changes/additions to literally thousands of files. Highly recommended if you are playing SH3. Because of it's nature it cannot be moved to SH4. Some of the features/mods included in it are being created for SH4, which may be where some of your confusion is coming from, but this is being done strictly on an individual basis. A similar project may someday be launched for SH4, but it's not the kind of thing you wait around for, because you think it will be out in a few weeks. There have been some first moves in that very general direction, like Beery's Real Fleet Boat, but much remains to be seen what the developer's do in coming patches.