PDA

View Full Version : Scared enemy ships??

cueceleches
04-04-07, 02:43 AM
Hi!

I´m a little bit confused...Used to cope with those stubborn SH3 destroyers, I feel SH4 enemy ships are blind or deaf. I´ve already attacked 2 convoys, one in broad daylight and the other one at night, and in both cases, not a single japanese destroyer went seeking for my sub. During my night attack, I even surfaced my ship in plain middle of the convoy and started gunning the merchants, and still n destroyers near me for the whole duration. I sank 5 merchantes with my deck gun.

I´m playing my carrer in "normal" difficulty, but I´m beginning to think I should restart it at "difficult" settings. Or is it that at the beginning of the war japanese ships weren´t equiped very well and as the war goes on it becomes mnore difficult?

Thanks!

Mooncatt
04-04-07, 02:49 AM
yeah this has been mentioned before m8 so ya not on ya own, as someone else so delicately put it "the AI is on stupid mode"

Seadogs
04-04-07, 04:40 AM
From what I see most of the time it is stuck on stupid, but every now and then the AI is a killing machine. Could crew skill have a hand in this?

Torpex752
04-04-07, 05:50 AM
From stupid to expert is what I ever recall reading about the JP ASW forces. I believe that its fairley accurate (depending on the level of stupidity that is, none were so blind as to allow a surface attack in broad daylight) because you had a mixture of Seasoned Navy and green navy. My thoughts would be to mix the 2 together, however I am not sure what was done on the JP side early in the war. Plus you are dealing with a country that did not have much experience combatting submarines like Britian did. Theres always something to be said for being given a second 'swing' at the ball, its usually more accurate than your first attempt! LOL.

Frank
:cool: