PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Patrol Stars

Skweetis
04-02-07, 11:42 PM
Maybe this has been posted already, if so I apologise, theres a lot of threads posted every day.

I just realised that the patrol star doesn't turn from orange to grey (i.e refresh) unless you change zoom levels or leave the nav map. So there I was, circling the damn star for a week, staring at it at 1024 speed waiting for it to change. still didn't turn grey, I went to zoom out to plot another course elswhere (ie I gave up!) and it turned grey.

So the next time I got a patrol star, I zoomed out and back in once every 24 hours, and it seems to average about 24 to 48 hours before it changed.

I also just figured out that you have to send a contact report after you complete a mission to get your next one.

Hope this helps somebody else!

Happy hunting.

U56
04-03-07, 07:17 AM
If you just remember to take a regular look at your "mission objective" clipboard (F8 I think), it will show your objective incomplete, and then a completed tick mark once you complete your objective. This will coincide with the icon turning yellow to grey. A new secondary objective will usually then appear for you to complete.

Regards