PDA

View Full Version : Sh4 will be put on sleep

melin71
04-01-07, 06:38 AM
I have try and try to play the game. but....way to poor fps for me. i have to wait for my new computer to arrive. crap. but the air craft mod seems perfekt. dont have to crach dive all the time.

then..im dont know if there are my computer that are crap or the are memmory leak in the game.

i got attack by air..and crash dive. on the survase again..i get so crappy fps like 9...and when i dive..i only get 9 fps in command room...after a while..i get 20 again..and 20 in the bridge on the survice..very strange..and the wheather are perfekt..no change in wheater. more than me that have this experience?

my comspces are

Geforeve 6800GT
P4 3.6 HT
2 gig ram
and that is not enof to play this game in full. i have medium and it still sucks in fps.

got me Stalker..that game was a joke in this computer. that game have to rest to my new computer arrive. never thougt that this computer should be that old so dam quick.

Dowly
04-01-07, 06:47 AM
Itīs the GF 6600. I have GF7800GTX and can play SH4 on maximum settings and get ~30-40 fps.

Mud
04-01-07, 06:59 AM
I know what Melin means and I have it too but only after loading a saved game.
Command room low fps and when I turn off the toolbar and turn 360 fps go to normal.
It helps alot on my system when switching views to leave the toolbar off , it's prolly loading into memory issue but I'm not a expert on this .... just a guess.

Mud

Egan
04-01-07, 07:07 AM
6800 for me too (although I have a 7950 coming in the next couple of days.) and frame rates are pretty poor across the board. Switching of enviromental effects helps a bit but The engine does still feel like it can do with some optimisation. Afterall it is basically the SH3 one with some extra bells and whistles.

moosenoodles
04-01-07, 07:32 AM
To the man getting the 7950 card, I use a 7950GTX2 (dual gpu) and I dont see major god fps with the game for using such a card.. Ive seen 20-30fps in a storm sometimes.. The thing is it dont act like its running at that, the game is solid smooth regardless of the fps it shows, in battles with smoke/fire etc so you will prob be fine...

My overall view is, stop worrying about fps figures.. if the game is running fine dont go checking out ur fps numbers as that tends to make one got "oh its to low" hehe its an odd world huh... Personaly I think if you run a 7 series card there should be no problems playing..

Moose.

ReallyDedPoet
04-01-07, 07:59 AM
My overall view is, stop worrying about fps figures..

Like that attitude:up::up:

Egan
04-01-07, 08:01 AM
6800 for me too (although I have a 7950 coming in the next couple of days.) and frame rates are pretty poor across the board. Switching of enviromental effects helps a bit but The engine does still feel like it can do with some optimisation. Afterall it is basically the SH3 one with some extra bells and whistles.
Do you have a 6800 or 6800GT? GT uses 16 pipelines, 6800 only 12. (if i remember right)

6800 ultra

meatball
04-01-07, 09:55 AM
I had this problem also. In my first campaign starting out in Pearl Harbor and looking around in a 360 free camera view it would chug down to 1-2fps but then clear up after a while. It did this on menu screens and inside the sub some too but cleared up after a few minutes. I think it's a memory issue since I only have 1.5gb of RAM and an AGP 6800GT.

I had no fps issues once I was out on the ocean.

@Jamoz: It's easy to say something is badly coded and dismiss it but PC's are not static platforms the devs have an easy time coding for, unlike consoles. With the myriad of video cards, drivers, CPU's, sound cards, spyware infestations, etc. I'm surprised anything runs decent on mainstream "Joe User" PC's. Especially the cheap Emachines and Dells that come from the factory bogged down with useless software eating up CPU cycles.

melin71
04-01-07, 10:39 AM
I have 6800 GT with pci express. very strange that you all seems to experence the same even with better computer then i have. so i guess that i can have this even on my new computer with 8800 GTS card...

sea enemy
04-01-07, 12:03 PM
Hrmm...I have a nearly 10 year old P4 1.99 ghz, 1Gi RAM, and AGP GF6800GS, and I get an average 35fps with medium settings. Are you running the correct version of directX? have all the latest drivers and all that? Anisotropic settings squared away?

CCIP
04-01-07, 12:08 PM
I started playing this game with a GeForce 6800 and my frame rates were a lot like yours - well, my system otherwise is a lot like yours. I bought me a GeForce 7800 last week, and they went up to far more acceptable figures (20s) even on high settings and I think it's really enjoyable now.

And yeah, turning off environmental effects is always a good FPS boost - and when playing on 100%, the prettiest effect, the water transparency, you can't even see :hmm:

sea enemy
04-01-07, 12:23 PM
I'd say enviromental effects knocks ~10-12fps off my system
Light shafts takes ~5-7fps
Full screen glare takes ~8-9fps
And post processing takes ~5fps.

I hope that future patching and optimizing boosts performance, I'd like enviromental effects..But, I don't play with external camera, so...not that big of a deal.

Der Graf Von Rudklide
04-01-07, 01:29 PM
I can run it on a 1.8 Mhz, 1 gig of ram, Gforce6600 256 mb on full graphics on all selctions except for inviormental effect without any problems -

Cakewalk
04-01-07, 01:29 PM
I don't mind having 20-25 FPS, so long as it's consistant... which it is in SH4. :)

seawolf34
04-01-07, 01:34 PM
Am having so much fun with this game now I've installed an 8800GTX ;)

melin71
04-01-07, 01:46 PM
the enviroment settings are sure a fps killer. And i often wants to play too at 100% but with the bug in manual targeting i use help there. but you do see the pretty thing even in 100%..when you dive, other ships, fog and plenty more. but i wait to i get my new computer to really enjoy the game. I hope for the computer to get in my hands this week. or i will sit in a corner and cry i think. :D

Hartmann
04-01-07, 05:04 PM
The game was released too early ,and unfinished, before cheap cards that can run the game could be in the stores.and the game performance is similar to a Beta, not optimized and too heavy in specs, also ,in some cases, moving some slides donīt help with framerates.

tycho102
04-01-07, 05:40 PM
my comspces are

Geforeve 6800GT
P4 3.6 HT
2 gig ram
and that is not enof to play this game in full. i have medium and it still sucks in fps.

I have similiar specs. Runs fine with the environmental stuff turned off.

I am also using the 101.xx drivers. I forget which version from http://www.guru3d.com. Drivers set for high performance, and the card is overclocked but I don't think it really makes much difference over stock (400/1100 vs. 370/1000).