PDA

View Full Version : SH4 Freezing My System. Help!!!

Crimsonghost99
03-31-07, 09:23 AM
Hello all. I recently picked up SH4 after playing SH3 for quite a while. I originally had XP Media Center 2005 and switched to Vista Home Premiun to attempt to correct the problem but I am getting the same issue on both OS. I will be playing the game for 5-10 min and very randomly the sound will stutter and the entire system freezes. All controls are unresponsive and the only option is to reset the system. I have tried updating all drivers and even the BIOS figuring that was the only thing it could be since it happens with both OS even after clean installs rather than upgrades. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Below is my system setup.

ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe MOBO
E6600 Dual Core Processor
BFG Nvidia 8800 GTS 640MB
Windows Vista Home Premium
2 GB Dual Channel RAM

John Channing
03-31-07, 09:39 AM
Try turning down Sound Accelleration in Dxdiag to zero. Also install the version of DirectX that came with the game. This is a must.

JCC

jdski
03-31-07, 10:14 AM
Well you know it freezes for everyone when you open the log book? It gets much worse in a campaign then just single missions or multiplayer. Even sending a status report will freeze it.

Crimsonghost99
03-31-07, 11:30 AM
Well, I was unable to find sound acceleration in dxdiag, dont know if thats part of vista or not. I have tried a few things including a few different sound drivers. Now I am getting an error saying "Cant open AsIO.sys". I reinstalled DirectX as well, all to no avail. Am getting really frustrated. Guess I will be on the phone with Ubisoft on Monday morning. If anyone has any other ideas, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.

Crimsonghost99
03-31-07, 11:05 PM
bump

Kromus
04-01-07, 03:31 AM
Type dxdiag in "Run" command window.
HW acceleration is under "Sound" tab.
Move it all the way left to "No acceleration".

Grothesj2
04-01-07, 04:24 AM
Well you know it freezes for everyone when you open the log book? It gets much worse in a campaign then just single missions or multiplayer. Even sending a status report will freeze it.

I discovered that today. OMG it was bad. Usually (though i have not played a whole lot yet) it's been OK but today it was taking several minutes to open, freezing everything up.