PDA

View Full Version : I Torpedoed my own boat!!!

Lost@Sea
03-30-07, 07:48 PM
I was testing out my torpedo detinator theory and sent off a fish. I followed it via external view. It did a large circle and took the rear end off my sub!! I saved the game and replay. Anyone know how to make a movie to post from this. I have no idea.

AirborneTD
03-30-07, 07:52 PM
Way to go!!! That actually happened a few times in the war. The Tang was definately hit by her own torp (others were suspect).

I believe I read where they thought it was a fault of the electric torps rudder control mechanism (it would rust and stick).

flyingdane
03-30-07, 08:06 PM
I was testing out my torpedo detinator theory and sent off a fish. I followed it via external view. It did a large circle and took the rear end off my sub!! I saved the game and replay. Anyone know how to make a movie to post from this. I have no idea.

Dumb..A$$...., No just kidding" I sunk my one boat too.! DOH". :shifty:

RedHammer
03-30-07, 08:27 PM
I believe, USS Scorpion, Unless I am mistaken, managed to blow her own front torpedo room, went to below 500 feet.. not good..

S! to all

Your friend in the Pacific

RH

Onkel Neal
03-30-07, 08:41 PM

Can you send the replay file to subsim@subsim.com ? I can post it for you. I would like to see this :)

PeriscopeDepth
03-30-07, 08:42 PM
If it got O'Kane...it's definitely something we need to watch out for. Watch those torps after they leave the tube if you're staying near the surface!

PD

Lost@Sea
03-30-07, 08:49 PM
Can you send the replay file to subsim@subsim.com ? I can post it for you. I would like to see this :)

email sent. Let me know if it's the right file. I wasn't sure.

PS Let me apologize for the type O of your name in the email.

bookworm_020
03-30-07, 10:03 PM
The Tubliee was another that suffered the same fate of a circular running torpedo! As mentioned others are suspected for suffering the same fate, but without suvivors, it's hard to know.

nattydread
03-30-07, 11:15 PM
Thats one of the things I enjoy about using the S-boats. The Asiatic fleet seems to be stocked with only mk10s. I have no problems with those fish provided I stick with contct fuses.

THE_MASK
03-30-07, 11:41 PM
You are not called Lost@Sea for no reason then .

Skweetis
03-30-07, 11:52 PM
I had the same thing happen. Didn't know until I heard the explosion, and the damage reports came in...

Must have been the sonar man's nap time, since he never told me that my own fish was comming back around.

Outsid of that, it was one of the coolest experiences I've had so far with SH4... I sweat now when i fire a torpedo, then listen from the sonar station, in case he falls asleep again :D

Grothesj2
03-30-07, 11:58 PM
I'm looking forward to my 1st circling torp! Whoohoo!

Marko
03-31-07, 12:27 AM
I had the same thing happen. Didn't know until I heard the explosion, and the damage reports came in...

Must have been the sonar man's nap time, since he never told me that my own fish was comming back around.

Outsid of that, it was one of the coolest experiences I've had so far with SH4... I sweat now when i fire a torpedo, then listen from the sonar station, in case he falls asleep again :D

if u was at periscope depth ur sonar man is deaf :D

ccruner13
03-31-07, 12:34 AM
i hit myself twice now and had one blow up in the tube. i almost limped one home from japan but got jumped by at least a dozen planes in a few minutes from between me and midway...

BooBooLovesAll
03-31-07, 05:30 AM
Came close!

macky
03-31-07, 06:39 AM
I heard this before and I think its a great feature:yep:

Just wondering tho, as a nub, in sh3 you had to fire at periscope depth, for the US subs, what actual depth can you fire from?

Grothesj2
04-01-07, 02:13 AM
I had my 1st circling torp, fired from periscope depth! Went to flank and dove fast. It just missed my stern by maybe 25 feet. Phewwww

mookiemookie
04-01-07, 02:43 AM

I love the addition of this. Historical accuracy makes me a happy player! :sunny:

Developers...can sonar man notification of this be added to the game? From what I've read they would be the ones to notify the captain of a circular runner.