PDA

View Full Version : Watch needs to eat more carrots! Bug?

03-30-07, 03:28 PM
How come everytime I get jumped by an aircraft, there practically right on top of me? I have SD running, I know about the problems with radar being of no use at all, but can't my crew at least see the buggers on the horizon? I have my entire watch section manned with peeps that have the watch icon next to their photo.
Please fix this!
thank you

PS. I am reading "Clear the Bridge," by O'Kane, again, and he says that the watch would spot the aircraft before the plane had any chance of spotting the Tang.

mookiemookie
03-30-07, 03:43 PM
What time compression settings are you using? I believe this is a holdover from the way SH3 tracks objects in the world. Higher TC's will lead to your watch crew missing contacts and not spotting planes or DD's until they're right on top of you.

03-30-07, 03:48 PM
Pretty high, like in the 4000 range. I should be more careful running on the surface during daytime.
thanks!

Redwine
03-30-07, 04:18 PM
I have the same problem.. my crew watch the pkanes when they are launching bombs.

I will try the same settings i have into SH3, i dont know who made the modification, me or another person.

Not tested yet, works fine for me into SH3, i will test them today or tomorrow .... may be you can test them too...

If you want to try them...

Go to

...\Data\Cfg

Open Sensors.cfg file...

Change the folowwing lines...

;Visual.
Visual range factor=1.4 ;0.5 ;[>=0]
Visual fog factor=1 ;[>=0]
Visual light factor=1.6 ;0.8 ;[>=0]
Visual waves factor=0.8 ;[>=0]
Visual speed factor=0 ;[>=0]
Visual aspect=0.9 ;[>=0]
Visual enemy speed=0 ;0.2 ;[>=0]
Visual noise factor=0 ;[>=0]
Visual sensor height factor=0.5 ;[>=0]
Visual already tracking modifier=600 ;[detection probability modifier], most accurate, once a contact is detected it will lose it very hard
Visual decay time=200 ;[>0] already tracking bonus decay, in seconds
Visual uses crew efficiency=false ;[true or false]