PDA

View Full Version : Ingame Grafix ...

SheepOnDrug$
03-29-07, 03:41 PM
I have a question wich i hope some of might be able to answer for me ... when i look at the screenshots many of u guys in here are posting ... they appear clear and crisp :p
But in my game ... graphics looks kinda "blurry" :hmm:
just makes me wonder ... i have everything set at max and have tried with different settings but still get the same result ... blurry graphics ... is there something i missed and overlooked when setting my graphics???

My comp specs are:
AMD X2 4400+
PNY Gforce 7800gt 256
2Gb Kingston ram
2 x WD raptor 10000 rpms hdīs raid 0
1 x samsung 320 gb sata2
Auzentech HDA Explosion 7.1 digital soundcard

currently i run the game in 1280x1024 85hz with everything set to max ... and i still have a blurry screen .. the game runs smooth enough as well as any other games i play and with a fair to exellent frame rate ...

It just beats me how u guys have such a clear picture in those screenies when mine is not :hmm: and i canīt figure out what to do ... so any help would be more than welcome :up: ... thx in advance

Seeadler
03-29-07, 03:53 PM
open your graphic card driver settings and check under 3D settings if "texture filter" is set to "quality" or "high quality" and not to "performance"

mookiemookie
03-29-07, 04:03 PM
The Post Processing Filters will give you that sorta blurry "oil painting" effect. Try turning that off in the ingame graphics options menu

Soviet_Warlord
03-29-07, 11:08 PM
The Post Processing Filters will give you that sorta blurry "oil painting" effect. Try turning that off in the ingame graphics options menu

Without the PPF effects, SH4 loooks strikingly similar to SHIII...

I reccommend keeping PPF on, you'll eventually get hooked on it and enjoy the new atmosphere.

OneTinSoldier
03-29-07, 11:30 PM
You're not alone, it looks that way to me too. I think it's because we're both on Drug$. :doh:

SheepOnDrug$
03-30-07, 06:07 AM
open your graphic card driver settings and check under 3D settings if "texture filter" is set to "quality" or "high quality" and not to "performance"

Well ... i do have my gfx card set to high quality ... as itīs the first thing set with new drivers for it ... i want eye candy :D ... the PPF i didnt messed with ... so iīll give it a try :up: thx very much

walsh2509
03-30-07, 06:40 AM

I would turn this off , it is a sim were are supposed to be playing, if your were on the bridge of a sub or at the pscope in WWII the scene you would see is crisp and clear. Not looking like the old colour film from that period.

Cakewalk
03-30-07, 08:10 AM
Resize your screenies to 1024 x 768, around there... since Silent Hunter IV doesn't renderize in anything higher. If you play the game in a window at that resolution you'll see the same crispness in the images, otherwise it just bloats the resolution and makes everything all "blurry".

Since the resolutions don't actually change the 3D image resolution, just the GUI interface scaling.