PDA

View Full Version : [Review] SH4 on Gameworld Network

flintlock
03-29-07, 11:22 AM
The review is available here (http://www.gwn.com/reviews/gamereview.php/id/1237/p/1/title/Silent_Hunter_4_Wolves_of_the_Pacific.html).

A very good game of American submarine combat in the Pacific theatre. Especially for those willing to wait for the game issues to be ironed out. Unfortunatly I don't see the game attracting new people to the annals of submarine combat.

Final Verdict: 79%

SteamWake
03-29-07, 11:35 AM
new people to the annals of submarine combat.

What a curious sentance. Where can I find these annals ?

TDK1044
03-29-07, 11:47 AM
I can't help but smile when review after review scores this game higher than 7 out of 10 and yet a few here classify it as "unplayable". :D

Sure it has more bugs than any of us would like to see, but it's certainly playable and enjoyable and it will continue to improve over the coming weeks and months.

Here it comes.......

AVGWarhawk
03-29-07, 11:54 AM
I play the heck out of it even with bugs. My wife asked if I could PULL myself away from the game to try on some underwear she purchased me. I put them on and said thay fit....sat back down and resumed the game in my new underwear. Yeah, I love this game:rock:

TDK1044
03-29-07, 11:57 AM
[quote=resumed the game in my new underwear. Yeah, I love this game:rock:[/quote]

Alaaaaaaaaarm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Fat Bhoy Tim
03-29-07, 12:23 PM
I play the heck out of it even with bugs. My wife asked if I could PULL myself away from the game to try on some underwear she purchased me. I put them on and said thay fit....sat back down and resumed the game in my new underwear. Yeah, I love this game:rock:

For a moment there I thought you said underwear she'd bought for herself. I was going to say there's committed, and then there's obsessed :huh:

AVGWarhawk
03-29-07, 12:27 PM
For a moment there I thought you said underwear she'd bought for herself. I was going to say there's committed, and then there's obsessed :huh:

I did let her take my undies off later:smug:

NefariousKoel
03-29-07, 12:27 PM

Well, it is his wife so that would depend no how long he's been married. Now if he would've said the hot neighbor lady showed up in her undies, then yeah.

Onkel Neal
03-29-07, 12:36 PM
Waayyy off topic, but funny.

No matter what you do, you can’t surface. That’s a major problem. Enemy lifeboats are a problem. ....You can’t select a custom difficulty for the campaign you want to play. You select from a generic menu, i.e. easy, normal, hard, etc. It’s not always clear what options will be chosen for you when you select a certain difficulty.

Can't surface?

He doesn't know you can set the realism options from the HQ bookcase before each patrol...

Well, he didn't do a very good job here, he doesn't know the game very well. :nope:

mookiemookie
03-29-07, 12:38 PM

No matter what you do, you can’t surface. That’s a major problem. Enemy lifeboats are a problem. ....You can’t select a custom difficulty for the campaign you want to play. You select from a generic menu, i.e. easy, normal, hard, etc. It’s not always clear what options will be chosen for you when you select a certain difficulty.

Can't surface?

He doesn't know you can set the realism options from the HQ bookcase before each patrol...

Well, he didn't do a very good job here, he doesn't know the game very well. :nope:

Which brings us back to the issue of poor documentation.

Onkel Neal
03-29-07, 12:40 PM

Can't surface?

Which brings us back to the issue of poor documentation.

Ahh, true.... :-?

Fat Bhoy Tim
03-29-07, 01:07 PM
Clearly doesn't know how to blow his tanks, but as you said - documentation problem there.

John Channing
03-29-07, 01:44 PM
I would think an apparent member of the "W-S-A-D" crowd would at least tried "S"... for surface.

Or maybe he thought that would make the Sub straff left?

JCC

TDK1044
03-29-07, 01:54 PM
I would think an apparent member of the "W-S-A-D" crowd would at least tried "S"... for surface.

Or maybe he thought that would make the Sub straff left?

JCC

:rotfl:

Immacolata
03-29-07, 02:39 PM
Lol, Circle Strafing the Yamato for Massive Damage!

Aimbot
03-29-07, 02:59 PM
That seems a reasonable tactic, so long as you do it surfaced for the additional speed.

Yeah, this reviewer should have actually played the game before he wrote this, but what are you going to do?

Rykaird
03-29-07, 03:10 PM
That seems a reasonable tactic, so long as you do it surfaced for the additional speed.

I find this quote particularly amusing given your handle . . .