PDA

View Full Version : Shift-F2 Camera View Question

Sabreliner
03-29-07, 10:00 AM
Ok, for the past couple of days I have been trying to get the Shift-F2 camera view to work in external view but cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. If I hit Shift-F2 in the Command Room View (F2), Bridge View (F5), or External view (F11), it always dumps me into the Command Room. If I try to leave the command room, the screen goes black and I get camera out of sector (or something similar). I have made sure the sub was stopped through all of this. I am thinking it is a specific config setting that does the trick. Any suggestions?

Robert W

wetwarev7
03-29-07, 10:09 AM
Ok, for the past couple of days I have been trying to get the Shift-F2 camera view to work in external view but cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. If I hit Shift-F2 in the Command Room View (F2), Bridge View (F5), or External view (F11), it always dumps me into the Command Room. If I try to leave the command room, the screen goes black and I get camera out of sector (or something similar). I have made sure the sub was stopped through all of this. I am thinking it is a specific config setting that does the trick. Any suggestions?

Robert W

If it's anything like SH3, and I think it is, you won't be able to do this in external view. you can, however try moving around in the command room to go 'through' the hatch, and you should end up in the control tower. You could do this in SH3 as the 'rooms' were allways there, the shortcuts just placed you in different positions. It IS possible to add/change camera positions in the config file. I did it in SH3, I'll see if I can't dig up that old file and post the changes I made to it.

Iron Budokan
03-29-07, 10:30 AM
I believe someone said you can use this view outside....? :hmm:

wetwarev7
03-29-07, 10:42 AM
Well, F11 will give you a free camera in the external view.....Don't know why I think of this as different from Shift-F2.......

Seadogs
03-29-07, 10:57 AM
Works just fine in external view for me. Your not paused are you?

Tigrone
03-29-07, 01:07 PM
Go to the bridge and come to a dead stop or pause game. Then Shift+F2 will work for free roam on the bridge and AA platform. It will not work if there is any way on the boat.

Rykaird
03-29-07, 02:08 PM
I can use shift-f2 in the command room, conning tower, and bridge views. The bridge view will drop me off the back as the sub scoots away, but it works fine while stopped.

jafergon
03-30-07, 06:28 AM
Anyone tried to assign a key for the conning tower free camera? I think it might let you to free roam on the bridge while sub is moving. Here's what I found at commands.cfg:

[Cmd55]
Name=Conning_tower_free_camera
Ctxt=1

I can use shift-f2 in the command room, conning tower, and bridge views. The bridge view will drop me off the back as the sub scoots away, but it works fine while stopped.