PDA

View Full Version : Is an echo normal?

R48
03-29-07, 09:21 AM
This is the first sub sim I have had where the crew's voice echos when in the boat. Is this echo a part of the game or a problem on my side?

wetwarev7
03-29-07, 09:25 AM
Just a guess, but make sure your microphone is turned off. Sometimes, it can pick up the sound and give an echo effect. Or, you can try turning off 3D sound to see if that helps.

AVGWarhawk
03-29-07, 10:41 AM
Do you have echo set up on your sound card?

DaMaGe007
03-29-07, 10:43 AM
Aparently there are some sound looping problems, if you have realistic sound travel enabled, could be concidered an echo aswell I guess...

bunkerratt
03-29-07, 10:43 AM
i think he's talking about the repeated commands..like "rudder rudder".....and i don't need to hear about cp it was bought from ubi and the disk is in the drive

R48
03-29-07, 12:07 PM
i think he's talking about the repeated commands..like "rudder rudder".....and i don't need to hear about cp it was bought from ubi and the disk is in the drive

Yes, it sounds exactly like an echo. However, I'm not getting it at the moment. So, it looks like I get this only under certain circumstances. I have no idea what they are though . I'm not using microphone so that doesn't seem to be it.

My other sound problem is more of a pausing. When some sounds are played the game stops for a second to load the sound then continues. This is very repeatable with the deck gun. If I enter the program, go to the deck gun and fire it, everything comes to a halt for a second or two until the sound plays. Once this happens this doesn't happen again unless I exit the game and reenter it.

FWIW, I'm using a SB Audigy Zs.

Any ideas?

R48
03-29-07, 12:09 PM
Do you have echo set up on your sound card?

No, I don't.

AVGWarhawk
03-29-07, 12:14 PM

This little tid bit is annoying for sure. I guess he forgot to how to say "amidships":-?

Steppenwolf
03-29-07, 02:23 PM
My other sound problem is more of a pausing. When some sounds are played the game stops for a second to load the sound then continues. This is very repeatable with the deck gun. If I enter the program, go to the deck gun and fire it, everything comes to a halt for a second or two until the sound plays. Once this happens this doesn't happen again unless I exit the game and reenter it.
Any ideas?
Do you have the "Realistic sound travel time" option checked under Sound options?