PDA

View Full Version : Repair Time

JFL1
03-29-07, 08:50 AM
Is there a way (control, mouse rollover somewhere, etc.) to know the repair time of any element appearing in your damage repair list?

I don't even know if my repair team is actually working or just sleeping on the job...:D

AS
03-29-07, 01:45 PM
If the yellow repair team button is a shade more yellow than it was yellow before you can yell (er...tell) that the Team is working. There will also be two guys "fixing things" in the control room (or command room?) which is nice and eye-candy.

When it comes to deriving information from the damage "icons everywhere" screen, no chance. I guess the Dev had a look at the SH3 damage screen and said: this is all too obvious and self-explaining, letīs make it less graphical, spread icons everywhere and reduce information...

Cheers, AS

AVGWarhawk
03-29-07, 01:59 PM
Actually, the screen with parts of the sub look to the right lower corner and put the mouse on top of it. A screen will come up showing time it will take to repair. Same thing as sthe torp screen and how long to load.

Also, get the Green HUD mod. When the buttons are pushed and active they will be green and not a darker hard to tell shade of yellow. I got it and it works great:yep: It is over in the mod forums.

Fat Bhoy Tim
03-29-07, 02:22 PM
I'd rather have a rough time for repairs, with a conservative but imprecise time quoted. As the time level goes up, the estimate becomes more imprecise.

ryuzu
03-29-07, 02:43 PM
Is there a way (control, mouse rollover somewhere, etc.) to know the repair time of any element appearing in your damage repair list?

I don't even know if my repair team is actually working or just sleeping on the job...:D

If you hover over a damaged Deck Gun or Flak Gun, you'll get an estimate of repair time. If you hover over a partially flooded (possibly fully flooded too - I never lived long enough to find out!) compartment, it will tell you time to pump out the water.

Finally, if you hover over the red bar on the right hand side of any items in the Damage Control team repair list (the box in the bottom middle of the damage control screen) the bar gives an indication of how damged it is and you can watch gradually go down when under time compression.

As far as I'm aware, they are the only areas which give and indication of time. The rest of the things in the boat, have no repair time indication. I suspect that may be a bug since the deck gun and flak gun work ok.

r.

JFL1
03-29-07, 04:54 PM
Thanks for your answers, guys!

fullmetaledges
03-29-07, 05:24 PM

If you hover over a damaged Deck Gun or Flak Gun, you'll get an estimate of repair time. If you hover over a partially flooded (possibly fully flooded too - I never lived long enough to find out!) compartment, it will tell you time to pump out the water.

Finally, if you hover over the red bar on the right hand side of any items in the Damage Control team repair list (the box in the bottom middle of the damage control screen) the bar gives an indication of how damged it is and you can watch gradually go down when under time compression.

As far as I'm aware, they are the only areas which give and indication of time. The rest of the things in the boat, have no repair time indication. I suspect that may be a bug since the deck gun and flak gun work ok.

r.

if you hold the mouse over the compartment name it will give the repair time