PDA

View Full Version : Realism settings in Career mode

SirJAG
03-29-07, 03:27 AM
Greetings,
one thing i have noticed that is driving my crazy. when i start the game i adjust the realism settings the way i want them (everything but manual targeting selected). then when i start a career it will only let me select easy, normal, hard, realistic.

why is that? is there a way to play a campaign with the realism settings i want?>

thanks everyone

Von Hinten
03-29-07, 03:30 AM
Once you've began your career you start in the captain's room and to your left is an old radio which contains the options. There you can/must set custom realism settings for that career.

Happy hunting!

Ultraboy
03-29-07, 03:31 AM
When you're in the office after you start the campaign, look at the shelves on the left-hand side. I think the Game Settings option is just above the Captain's hat on the shelf. At any rate it will highlight and say "Game Settings" when you move the cursor over it. Within that menu is the usual game settings including all the realism checkboxes.

EDIT: Damn, beat me to it :)

Tarnish_UK
03-29-07, 03:34 AM
I had the same "problem" until that was pointed out to me. It does make me wonder why the "Easy, Normal, Hard etc" options are there in the first place, seems rather superfluous when all it does it adjust the standard options that the player has already set to his/her liking.

SirJAG
03-29-07, 03:48 AM
you guys freaking rock.....its damn 0430, i am working the grave shift, and already 3 replies....

this site/board rocks...how do i donate some money or something?

thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RypeL
03-29-07, 05:17 AM
I had the same "problem" until that was pointed out to me. It does make me wonder why the "Easy, Normal, Hard etc" options are there in the first place, seems rather superfluous when all it does it adjust the standard options that the player has already set to his/her liking.

I think(and i hope) the difficulty settings also adjust the enemy AI/Sensors. My first career i played on normal and i could kill a task force with 3 destroyers with the deckgun and they did nothing. I also could kill enemy airplanes till i had no ammo left without much risk of beeing hit. I now started on hard and the first airplane i decided to attack hit me so hard that i barely survived. Not much later i ran into the same kind of taskforce i destroyed with the deckgun in "normal". So i decided to try it again just to see what happens now that im on "hard". Right after i surfaced both DDs in range started firing all they had at me. they actually did hit quite good too and i was destroyed pretty quick. though the whether was pretty good this time. Last time i could kill them without them doing anything it was in fog. Maybe its a AI bug in fog. Or maybe the AI is just not set good enough to get you in fog on "normal" difficulty. Just my thoughts. I dont know how it was with the difficultysettings in SH3 so i might be totally wrong and they really only adjust the realism settings.

Tarnish_UK
03-29-07, 05:35 AM
I'd like to think you're correct in what you say RypeL and that the settings do affect the AI but it's all a rather half arsed way of going about it from the designers point of view. I'd rather have it all individually listed for player adjustement in the menu rather than generic terms like "Easy" or "Normal". I found that when I looked at the configs for those settings none of them fitted how I wanted the game set up at that point in time so I had to manually adjust as previously discussed.

Von Hinten
03-29-07, 07:43 AM
you guys freaking rock.....its damn 0430, i am working the grave shift, and already 3 replies....

this site/board rocks...how do i donate some money or something?

thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're welcome! :yep:

You could either buy something at the store (http://www.subsim.com/store.html) or do a donation here (http://www.subsim.com/sh2fleet_forms/donation.htm). In both cases uncle Neal will be most pleased methinks.