PDA

View Full Version : OK, I can't figure this out....

wetwarev7
03-28-07, 08:24 AM
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the volume on the sonar. There is no knob I can find, as there was in SH3. The manual says there is one there, but does not bother to point it out in the picture, and I have'nt been able to find any threads about this either.

Also, I can't get the stadimeter to give me a good reading to save my life! I've had one torp hit since I got the game, and I finally figured out it was due to the stadimeter giveing me a bad range reading. I pick the right ships out in the rec manual, set the stadimeter to have the ship's waterline touch the top of the highest mast, but no matter how many times I try, the attack map shows the ship actually being much farther away than the stadimeter is telling me. It does not matter if the ship is close or far, it's allways off. What am I doing wrong?

-Frustrated

wetwarev7
03-28-07, 12:28 PM
Sorry, I'm bumping this from page two in the hopes someone will be able to help.

NefariousKoel
03-28-07, 12:43 PM
I've been moving the top Stadimeter image a click or two higher than the mast. It gets pretty close that way.

I've stated before, I've never used a stadimeter in a game that worked flawlessly. The SH series and SC/DW most notably.

mookiemookie
03-28-07, 12:46 PM
Are you remembering to "unclick" your position keeper from your last targeted ship?

wetwarev7
03-28-07, 12:58 PM
I've been moving the top Stadimeter image a click or two higher than the mast. It gets pretty close that way.

I've stated before, I've never used a stadimeter in a game that worked flawlessly. The SH series and SC/DW most notably.

Hrm...maybe SH4 needs to measure from the bottom of the keel to the top of the mast...I'll test some tonight

Are you remembering to "unclick" your position keeper from your last targeted ship?

Well, I've only been trying to sink one ship at a time right now. But, I have not been turning off the position keeper from battle to battle. I'll try that too...

wetwarev7
03-29-07, 08:48 AM
Ok, after doing some testing last night, I've come to the conclusion that the ship mast heights are borked. I don't believe the rec manual has the proper data for what's actually modeled in-game.

That's why the stadimeter is allways off by varying amounts for me.

Here's another thread on data/rec manual stuff(although I allways use the in-game rec manual)

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=109709