PDA

View Full Version : Little Red Switch on UI

Iron Budokan
03-27-07, 09:05 PM
What is that little red switch on the bottom left of the UI? It looks like it has an icon of a lock on it. I can switch it and the lock opens. What does it do? When I pass the mouse over the switch it says "5710". Any idea about this?

StandingCow
03-27-07, 09:06 PM
Its sort of like unlocking your windows bar.. when you move the mouse away it will drop down and hide.

Arrowhead2k1
03-27-07, 09:06 PM
It allows your toolbar to hide when you move your mouse away.

Iron Budokan
03-27-07, 09:13 PM
Doesn't pressing Del do the same thing? Or is this sort of like the hidden UI bar in SH3? Thank you!

NefariousKoel
03-27-07, 10:53 PM
It's the key to Pandora's Box.

Don't click it! Don't click it!

stabiz
03-27-07, 10:56 PM
TOO LATE!

http://webster.hibo.no/alu/a3/hunstad/images/nuke.jpg

Platapus
03-28-07, 10:57 AM
With most military equipment, it is always wise NOT to push the red button unless you fully understand what it does LoL

wetwarev7
03-28-07, 12:22 PM
Doesn't pressing Del do the same thing? Or is this sort of like the hidden UI bar in SH3? Thank you!

No, Del removes the hud completly, the "little red button" autohides the 'taskbar'. :up:

Iron Budokan
03-28-07, 01:38 PM
Lol...got it now, thanks, guys! :up:

AVGWarhawk
03-28-07, 01:42 PM
Now that is cool. I did not know what that lock was for.:doh: I'm going to try it.

GakunGak
03-28-07, 02:02 PM
With most military equipment, it is always wise NOT to push the red button unless you fully understand what it does LoL
Well, tell that to Bernard or Parker, as they just loooove that damn button...:rotfl:

Werewolf13
03-28-07, 02:41 PM
So what is the significance of the 5710 when you mouse over it?

Iron Budokan
03-28-07, 04:48 PM
That's a developer's code which tells you where the Easter egg treasure is buried. There are other codes hidden throughout the game which, when put together, unlocks the modern subs in the game like Seawolfs and Kilos which can be used to attack Japanese shipping. Pretty cool feature, I'd say. :yep:

GakunGak
03-28-07, 04:58 PM
That's a developer's code which tells you where the Easter egg treasure is buried. There are other codes hidden throughout the game which, when put together, unlocks the modern subs in the game like Seawolfs and Kilos which can be used to attack Japanese shipping. Pretty cool feature, I'd say. :yep:
Speak for yourself, I only managed to unlock Virginia and George Washington SSBN, though they only have the conn modeled with no crew and no sounds.....:damn:

Iron Budokan
03-28-07, 08:02 PM
That's a developer's code which tells you where the Easter egg treasure is buried. There are other codes hidden throughout the game which, when put together, unlocks the modern subs in the game like Seawolfs and Kilos which can be used to attack Japanese shipping. Pretty cool feature, I'd say. :yep: Speak for yourself, I only managed to unlock Virginia and George Washington SSBN, though they only have the conn modeled with no crew and no sounds.....:damn:

I know. It's another bug. Can you believe that? The Akula doesn't even have an engine compartment. Very frustrating.... :damn:

Werewolf13
03-28-07, 09:26 PM
If y'all are kidding about unlocking modern subs then ignore this.

If not then all I've got to say is the devs should have spent more time doing their jobs and less time &%$#%%#$ OFF!

Maybe then this $50 POS would work the way it is supposed to.

GakunGak
03-29-07, 03:42 AM
That's a developer's code which tells you where the Easter egg treasure is buried. There are other codes hidden throughout the game which, when put together, unlocks the modern subs in the game like Seawolfs and Kilos which can be used to attack Japanese shipping. Pretty cool feature, I'd say. :yep: Speak for yourself, I only managed to unlock Virginia and George Washington SSBN, though they only have the conn modeled with no crew and no sounds.....:damn:

I know. It's another bug. Can you believe that? The Akula doesn't even have an engine compartment. Very frustrating.... :damn:
Let's not forget the KILO with no diesels and single battery...:rock:
Sorry, a litle OT, but I had to...
Now, BOT, really, what does that number mean? Game version, build?:hmm:

wetwarev7
03-29-07, 08:55 AM

Let's not forget the KILO with no diesels and single battery...:rock:
Sorry, a litle OT, but I had to...
Now, BOT, really, what does that number mean? Game version, build?:hmm:

It's how many times I've fallen for little gags like this :p

GakunGak
03-29-07, 10:56 AM
Heh, but the feeling is great!!!:up: