PDA

View Full Version : If UBI made cars...

AS
03-27-07, 08:19 AM
Not to be taken too seriously. The following goes for most other publishers as well.

If UBI made cars...

- they would suddenly stop in an awkward situation because you are wearing the wrong T-Shirt or for no reason at all

- if you are wearing a hat, the headlights wonīt work. This will be confirmed as a known bug. Wearing no hat is immediately recommended

- sometimes the wheels disappear when travelling very fast

- thereīs a horn but no button for it

- thereīs a button for the rear lights but there are no rear lights

- when you push the brake while using the indicator the mirror falls off (known bug)

- trying to keep a certain speed using the "A" button of your cruise control causes the car to beam you back to your house immediatley and the engine to stop. This is somewhat annoying if it happens after a 20 hour travel...

- thereīs a voice in the radio reporting the weather forecast every now and then although you DONīT HAVE A RADIO.... (this is one of those unsolved mysteries....)

- one day after you bought your brand new car your car seller offers a service pack that solves 10% of the problems and causes two or three new ones

- all your friends start customizing your car so that you will be able to actually USE it within three or four months

...and if youb think all those other cars creeping around behave like deaf, blind and dumb, this is NOT A BUG, itīs just ordinary other drivers on the street (driving could be so much fun without them) :yep:

... to be continued...

Cheers, AS

GvKonijnenburg
03-27-07, 08:24 AM
trying to keep a certain speed using the "A" button of your cruise control causes the car to beam you back to your house immediatley and the engine to stop. This is somewhat annoying if it happens after a 20 hour travel...

This is not a Bug, it's a Feature!

joea
03-27-07, 08:32 AM
Old, already done for MS. Still funny. :88)

Misfit138
03-27-07, 08:33 AM
Would be funny if it weren't so true :doh:

- They announce making a version 2 even thought the version 1 is still full of bugs...err, features I mean!

ryuzu
03-27-07, 10:43 AM
But you wonder what SH4 and whatever comes next would be like in the hands of a company that cared a bit about it.

Battlefront for example - they seem to allow the time necessary to produce accurate games. Although T-72 was a bit of a flop, but then, they got that one late. Looking at what they've done with Theatre of War - which could easily have been a flop but is looking good now - a little bit of that for the SH series could well go a long way...

r.

Immacolata
03-27-07, 11:11 AM
Comparing games with cars and gamemakers with car producers is so... old.

1/10

1mPHUNit0
03-27-07, 11:33 AM
Old but true 9/10
Grrrrr..and grrrrr and grrr
Stop
I play for fun....there is no fun with this buggy game
And still a play to find more bug
This is the game....bug hunter in silent

SteamWake
03-27-07, 12:49 PM
Not to be taken too seriously. The following goes for most other publishers as well.

- thereīs a voice in the radio reporting the weather forecast every now and then although you DONīT HAVE A RADIO.... (this is one of those unsolved mysteries....)

Cheers, AS

There is a known work around of wearing a tin foil hat.

SteamWake
03-27-07, 12:50 PM
Old but true 9/10
Grrrrr..and grrrrr and grrr
Stop
I play for fun....there is no fun with this buggy game
And still a play to find more bug
This is the game....bug hunter in silent

I think your missing the spirit of this thread.

Besides I thought you said it was "unplayable".

Deep Six
03-27-07, 01:04 PM
If Ubisoft made cars then they would definately be the YUGO made under licence!!!

How do you make a Yugo go faster?
A towtruck.
What do you call the shock absorbers inside a Yugo?
Passengers.
The new Yugo has an air bag. When you sense an impending accident, start pumping real fast.
A friend went to a dealer the other day and said, "I'd like a gas cap for my Yugo." The dealer replied, "Okay. Sounds like a fair trade."
I have also said for years that the car is named because "Yugo, but it doesn't".
How can you get a Yugo to do 60 miles an hour?
Push it over a cliff.
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/images/coal_wood_yugo.jpg&imgrefurl=http://jalopnik.com/cars/alternative-energy/wood-a-gas-serbian-yugo-powered-by-woodgas-154414.php&h=196&w=275&sz=18&hl=en&start=26&um=1&tbnid=CeElGxXfYnRYUM:&tbnh=81&tbnw=114&prev=/images%3Fq%3DYugo%2Bcar%26start%3D18%26ndsp%3D18%2 6svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4GGIH_en-GBGB211GB211%26sa%3DNLimited fuel reserves my ass.....We have the captains bunk to burn!!!

Deep Six

Ducimus
03-27-07, 01:43 PM
Comparing games with cars and gamemakers with car producers is so... old.

1/10

Rykaird
03-27-07, 01:49 PM
Well, if Ubi made cars, they would be the only manufacturer of the kind of car I particularly like to drive, so I would own a Ubi.

1mPHUNit0
03-27-07, 01:52 PM
Besides I thought you said it was "unplayable". Yes "unplayable" correct
It means that is too frustrating to play this game
Like a car insecure and whithout even basic stuff working well

Seeadler
03-27-07, 03:39 PM
In the material life I do developing/programming welding robots for the automotive industry. If Ubi made cars, they would use my robots and in this case the cars would have no serious bugs.:know:

Hartmann
03-27-07, 03:52 PM
And the engine is not able to move the car, you need a new engine with 300 horsepower while the same engine can move a good medium car (SH3)

imagine when you get into the car after pay a lot of money and it donīt moves despite car maker say that it could be enough and tested. :nope:

GakunGak
03-27-07, 03:57 PM
If Ubisoft made cars then they would definately be the YUGO made under licence!!!

How do you make a Yugo go faster?
A towtruck.
What do you call the shock absorbers inside a Yugo?
Passengers.
The new Yugo has an air bag. When you sense an impending accident, start pumping real fast.
A friend went to a dealer the other day and said, "I'd like a gas cap for my Yugo." The dealer replied, "Okay. Sounds like a fair trade."
I have also said for years that the car is named because "Yugo, but it doesn't".
How can you get a Yugo to do 60 miles an hour?
Push it over a cliff.
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/images/coal_wood_yugo.jpg&imgrefurl=http://jalopnik.com/cars/alternative-energy/wood-a-gas-serbian-yugo-powered-by-woodgas-154414.php&h=196&w=275&sz=18&hl=en&start=26&um=1&tbnid=CeElGxXfYnRYUM:&tbnh=81&tbnw=114&prev=/images%3Fq%3DYugo%2Bcar%26start%3D18%26ndsp%3D18%2 6svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4GGIH_en-GBGB211GB211%26sa%3DNLimited fuel reserves my ass.....We have the captains bunk to burn!!!

Deep Six
I had YUGO once, and he served me well for say, almost 9 years without any malfunctions...:rock:
One of the Serbia's finest product...
http://www.duck-design.com/images/yugo%20gvx%20night%20blue.jpg

phatmatt
03-27-07, 04:48 PM
Nice read even if it was said for MS already

AS
03-27-07, 07:16 PM
Sorry I didnīt know that. :oops: Iīm not into playing MS.