PDA

View Full Version : How do you let off a spy??

MarshalLaw
03-27-07, 07:22 AM
Was playing last night, still trying to get to know the controls and stuff. So I started a career. My 1st mission was to take a spy and deploy him on a beach south of a port on Honsu( can't remember the name) anyway we got there and I was 3 KM from the star when I ran aground, anyone how how to drop someone off ?

I saw there is a icon to pick up a downed pilot in the water, use that maybe? I had no time to try it, the shore batteries were pounding me and I was busy evading and repairing damage and such.:shifty:

Thanks in advance.

vasmann
03-27-07, 07:29 AM
Was playing last night, still trying to get to know the controls and stuff. So I started a career. My 1st mission was to take a spy and deploy him on a beach south of a port on Honsu( can't remember the name) anyway we got there and I was 3 KM from the star when I ran aground, anyone how how to drop someone off ?

I saw there is a icon to pick up a downed pilot in the water, use that maybe? I had no time to try it, the shore batteries were pounding me and I was busy evading and repairing damage and such.:shifty:

Thanks in advance.
Hm, How supposed it to be - deploy spy under enemy fire :lol:. I would like to see how this spy could penetrate border and not be spotted :lol:

JayR
03-27-07, 07:43 AM
I had an insertation mission last night and had the same problem. I used darkness and fog to get about 100-200m from the shore but nothing happened. Then I killed my engines and voila! Up popped a window offering me a chance to deploy the spy.

So the lesson learned: to deploy a spy, stop your engine. I think that this should work with supply missions too.

Mud
03-27-07, 08:12 AM
Had my first drop off mission also last night even saved it a couple of times to be sure if I screwed up , I was even a bit nervous so close to enemy coast :lol:
The engine cut did the trick to complete the mission.

Mud

Gildor
03-27-07, 10:32 AM
Get within a certain range of the icon, stop the engines. It also helps to psotion you sub at an aangle because the raft will drop off the starboard bow and move to shore. It will run into you bow, so if you angle away it will drift to shore.

-Pv-
03-27-07, 08:35 PM
Keep in mind the mission icon isn't a target or a pickup you have to pass over. It's just marks the general area where you need to be. I posted a chart of the map color depths in another thread.
-Pv-