PDA

View Full Version : Phil Spector finally starts his trial

GSpector
03-21-07, 10:16 PM
We'll for those few that really know me from other forums, time are kind of hard for me right now.

For those that have followed the news, Phil Spector finally starts his trial after 4 years.

I am not sure what to think or how to feel about the whole thing. One thing is for certain, a very talented actress is gone :cry:

A very talented Record Producer's life style hang on a Gavel :cry:

At least I don't drink or use drugs (that's how I made it to 40 :roll:), so all I can do to take my mind off the case and my Father is to Sim, go to work and read all of your postings.

At least I can still laugh at Torplex's artwork. :up: I thank you for that Torplexed.

waste gate
03-21-07, 10:22 PM
Is Phil your father?

If so I wish him and you the best. Let the system work. It is certainly better than the alternative summary execution.

GSpector
03-21-07, 10:30 PM
Yes, he is but he has made no attempt at staying in touch with any of his 3 sons for about 20 years despite our attempts to try to be close.

He has choosen to go through this without any contact to us. That alone makes it hard on us.

Granted life was not great being his son but since this whole thing, I can say it did not change for the better.

waste gate
03-21-07, 11:09 PM
I thought I heard a report on Fox News (Yes I listen to that station) that there was gun powder reside on Lana Clarkson's hands. That would lead me towards a suicide.

GSpector
03-21-07, 11:27 PM
Just wondering waste gate, now I don't know if he did it or not, but where would your hands be if someone was playing around with a gun near your face.

Mine would be right around the barrel of the gun trying to get it away from my face.

Now, as for the facts, the gun was found cleaned and located under the chair where she supposedly committed suicide while he was not in the room. :hmm:

Also, a jacket was found in an upstairs closet with her blood splattered on it. In other words, he changed his cloths before the police showed up.

Just something to think about.

There are a lot of possibilities of what could have happened but seems most believe she committed suicide either because of the residue on her hands or because my father claimed it was "accidental suicide".

Neither makes me believe she decided to do it on her own.

Besides, this whole "accidental suicide" is a joke. It's an Oxymoron. No such thing.

waste gate
03-21-07, 11:41 PM
Just wondering waste gate, now I don't know if he did it or not, but where would your hands be if someone was playing around with a gun near your face.

Mine would be right around the barrel of the gun trying to get it away from my face.

Now, as for the facts, the gun was found cleaned and located under the chair where she supposedly committed suicide while he was not in the room. :hmm:

Also, a jacket was found in an upstairs closet with her blood splattered on it. In other words, he changed his cloths before the police showed up.

Just something to think about.

There are a lot of possibilities of what could have happened but seems most believe she committed suicide either because of the residue on her hands or because my father claimed it was "accidental suicide".

Neither makes me believe she decided to do it on her own.

Besides, this whole "accidental suicide" is a joke. It's an Oxymoron. No such thing.

Well, its all about reasonable doubt in a criminal case isn't it?
The first reports, from years ago, stated that Phil was standing on the stairs, while Ms Clarkson was near the door when thae shot was fired.

Did Phil have any gunpowder residue in his person?

GSpector
03-21-07, 11:49 PM
That has not be devulged to the public yet. Also the gun was unregistered.

But his confession that day to the police on scene was reported and may be brought up in court.

waste gate
03-22-07, 12:04 AM
That has not be devulged to the public yet. Also the gun was unregistered.

But his confession that day to the police on scene was reported and may be brought up in court.

The unregistered gun is a different crime and does not reach the seriousness of the murder charge.

I'm beginning to think you want your daddy to go to jail.

Kapitan_Phillips
03-22-07, 03:31 AM
The unregistered gun is a different crime and does not reach the seriousness of the murder charge.

I'm beginning to think you want your daddy to go to jail.

Yes, the unregistered gun is a different crime, but it still relates somewhat to a murder, in that it may suggest that it was pre-meditated. The GSR tests will be the key factor here.

And dont assume that GSpector wants his dad to go to jail. Its good that he's at least looking at what the court will see and drawing his conclusions from that.

GSpector
03-22-07, 02:43 PM
True, I am trying to be non-biased on this case.

I do want a fair trial.

It was reported that the gun used was removed from his holster. I do know that he wears a holster under his arm. I have no doubt he has un-registered guns. I know he tried to get a silencer with no traces to him when I was a kid. My guardian (his bodyguard) at the time refused to get it.

Here's the delema I face. My father has made no attempt to keep in touch with any of his sons in 20 years to include not returning calls from me when I just call to wish him Happy Birthday & Merry Christmas (Same day) or on other holidays. I have every reason to be against him but I will not let personal feelings get in the way. Because of this, I owe him no blind loyalty.

I am one of his biggest fan for his music. But, l will not stand in the croud and scream "He's Innocent" just because I don't want his music to disapear. It will be a sad day when his music dies.

As you can see, I have reasons to go either way. Due to the education I received (not from him but) from Jr Military Programs like Scouting, California Cadet Corp (Army Nat'l Guard) and Jr ROTC (Army), I can not just take sides due to personal feelings.

I have to go by the facts and with what he is saying.

From everything I've read including what he's been quoted as saying, I do believe it was a very stupid accident that he refuses to take any blame for. I feel that by doing this wil lhurt him more then anything.

I really don't think that it would bother me that much if he's found guilty as long as it's a fare trial. What bothers me the most is what he may do if he's found guilty.

I'd much rather have a father to visit in prison then no father at all.

I've heard through the grapevine around him that he may prevent his music from being heard after he's gone. I'm sure it would come back after time and the music is released to public domain after all licences finally expire. He is a very self centered person.

As for his wealth, I only learned about it 2 years ago in an interview on camera. He was worth $100 Mil.

I do know that he was found guilty about 6 years ago trying to create a fake recording company to filter his money to his only daughter (my sister). I just found out that he married a lady of 25 last september. This is where the remainder of his money will go.

If found innocent, I've heard he'll move to Mexico with new wife. I don't know if this is true yet.