PDA

View Full Version : The do not buy SH4 Thread UbiSoft Sucks!!

waste gate
03-19-07, 05:59 PM
Is the resolution really that bad? Does AA and AF not work?
How dissapointed are you? Vent your anger here. Let UbiSoft feel the rage.

Kapitan_Phillips
03-19-07, 06:01 PM
Whats the point of that? Its not going to get fixed if you just sit there and rant about how Ubisoft sucks. Use the other threads with constructive criticism and the devs will read it and improve.

AVGWarhawk
03-19-07, 06:03 PM
Constructive observations is what is needed. The only resolution to a patch or fix. As many games I have had over the years that had whacked bugs, this is just another wanting for a patch.

Arrowhead2k1
03-19-07, 06:06 PM
The devs don't even speak English, so what's the point?

waste gate
03-19-07, 06:07 PM
All Ive seen so far is criticism of the resoulution and how UbiSoft rushed it out the door to capitalize on the success of SH3. As I'm sure you know I'm all for capitalism but screwing folks like they did with starforce is just that screwing people.
This is a good spot to air ones frustration.

stabiz
03-19-07, 06:08 PM
Calling this a bug is rather naive. Its not like a door is missing on the Yamato, its resolutions!

AVGWarhawk
03-19-07, 06:12 PM
All Ive seen so far is criticism of the resoulution and how UbiSoft rushed it out the door to capitalize on the success of SH3. As I'm sure you know I'm all for capitalism but screwing folks like they did with starforce is just that screwing people.

To show your frustration and disatisfaction, take your receipt and game back to the establishment you purchased it and return the game. Sometimes that speaks volumes to the developers rather than a forum thread that they probably won't see.

Kapitan_Phillips
03-19-07, 06:13 PM
Its not game-crippling to have to run it at a resolution lower than 1900 x whatever is it? I'm sure this will be addressed in an update as it was a big promise to make anyway, but it sure isnt a reason to not buy the game and enjoy it.

stabiz
03-19-07, 06:15 PM
Yes, but I`m guessing they are reading this forum in the post-release period, since we are after all part of the core of subsimmers.

I really want to like this game, but I have still to read something good about it, except crew on deck and 3D damage.:cry:

Jace11
03-19-07, 06:15 PM
I had a problem on my computer, unfortunatley I was rushing and accidentally cancelled my pre-order from amazon...

I promise to Ubi that I will fix this at a later and as yet unspecified date.. maybe..

I bet they aren't happy it got released early in Sweden and Norway... oops, nearly as unhappy as I am that the fullest effort has not been made to bring this fantastic and much loved franchise up to date.

waste gate
03-19-07, 06:16 PM

To show your frustration and disatisfaction, take your receipt and game back to the establishment you purchased it and return the game. Sometimes that speaks volumes to the developers rather than a forum thread that they probably won't see.

Once the box is opened the retailer won't take it back!!

AVGWarhawk
I'll purchase the game. I will play in the 1024x768 resolution like all my games. I will sit back and wait for a patch or two and then let the modders have at it.

Just like all the games I have on the hard drive:yep:

TDK1044
The Devs speak very good English. As a matter of fact, I think Dan speaks better english that I do.

Ranting won't achieve anything. If you feel very strongly, then construct an articulate and carefully worded posting expressing your disappointment and frustration regarding the AA issue. The Devs will read it and may even respond to it.

But make it one thread, Guys. Please don't infiltrate every thread with the AA issue.

flintlock
...but it sure isnt a reason to not buy the game and enjoy it. If the 1024x768 upscaling is true, it may very well be a show stopper for many widescreen LCD users.

Kapitan_Phillips
03-19-07, 06:18 PM
http://birdhouse.org/blog/images/new_vice.jpg

Would one of these help? ;)

malkuth74
03-19-07, 06:19 PM
If you don't have the game. Then please do not comment on what it looks like. Many people that do have the game have said that it still looks great without AA.

E.Hartmann
03-19-07, 06:21 PM
Games not even out yet guys chill out!!:damn:

waste gate
03-19-07, 06:22 PM
If you don't have the game. Then please do not comment on what it looks like. Many people that do have the game have said that it still looks great without AA.

This certainly doesn'tly look great:down:

[img=http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/5789/resolution2sh7.th.gif] (http://img107.imageshack.us/my.php?image=resolution2sh7.gif)

stabiz
03-19-07, 06:22 PM
So you are saying that screenshots lie? How is that even possible? I dont think people are photoshopping the quality of screenshots DOWN.

AVGWarhawk
03-19-07, 06:23 PM

Once the box is opened the retailer won't take it back!!

Not in my neck of the woods. If you loud enough at the customer service window you can pretty much get what you want.

cherbert
03-19-07, 06:24 PM
So you are saying that screenshots lie? How is that even possible? I dont think people are photoshopping the quality of screenshots DOWN.

Screenshots taken from 1024 x 768 and then scaled down will probably look great to anyone!

See the game for yourself running on a Dell 20" Widecreen LCD at 1920 x 1200 and its like playing Aces of the Deep in EGA mode.

As someone else pointed out earlier, for any widescreen users this is gonna be a show stopper!

JasonSK
03-19-07, 06:26 PM
yup
I play in a window now not widescreen

stabiz
03-19-07, 06:26 PM
Just lie. I brought the uber-bad R6:Vegas back and said it wouldnt run on my pc. I got some great movies instead.

This is one anti-climax.

Can someone say something wonderful about the game please? I`m getting depressed.

cherbert
03-19-07, 06:28 PM
yup
I play in a window now not widescreen

Does this fix the problem?

waste gate
Just lie. I brought the uber-bad R6:Vegas back and said it wouldnt run on my pc. I got some great movies instead.

This is one anti-climax.

Can someone say something wonderful about the game please? I`m getting depressed.

Wrong thread my friend!!

tommyk
...but it sure isnt a reason to not buy the game and enjoy it. If the 1024x768 upscaling is true, it may very well be a show stopper for many widescreen LCD users.

Exactly! I have a Dell2407 and I know I will not like to see it upscaling 1024x768. If nothing new turns up shortly, I will cancel my order for sure! :damn:

rls669
03-19-07, 06:30 PM
It depends on where you live. Here, if the seal on the box is broken, it's yours to keep. You can scream and cry and make up any story you like and the stores absolutely will not take it back, period.

stabiz
03-19-07, 06:34 PM
Where is that?

RickC Sniper
03-19-07, 06:34 PM
LCD screens look pretty crappy when not run in their native resolution.

If they do not fix the resolution issue it may be a done deal for me. I invested in a nice 22 inch widescreen and was promised high resolution and widescreen support.

No AA I can deal with if I can run the game in high res. 1024x768 will not fly.

I'll be waiting and watching. I hope they can fix this.

dean_acheson
03-19-07, 06:35 PM
Am I allowed to say in this thread that this thread sucks?

I've waited since the days of SH1 to get to go back to the pacific.

Somehow not having AA doesn't strike me as THAT BIG OF A FREAKING DEAL.

Quit beating a dead horse.

Why don't you post this over at UBI? Or better yet, build your own bloody subsim, and then let us flame the snot out of it before it even is released.

malkuth74
03-19-07, 06:37 PM
Screenshots taken from 1024 x 768 and then scaled down will probably look great to anyone!

See the game for yourself running on a Dell 20" Widecreen LCD at 1920 x 1200 and its like playing Aces of the Deep in EGA mode.

As someone else pointed out earlier, for any widescreen users this is gonna be a show stopper!

If you expect me to believe you then stop using such Obscene Examples. Comparing the graphics to EGA. Give me a break.:down:

stabiz
03-19-07, 06:37 PM
Have you even read the thread? No AA is one thing, but they have lied about resolutions.

Ducimus
03-19-07, 06:46 PM
Yes the devs speak english. Quite well i might add. yes they read subsim forums. Far more then most here would realize.

Now, you just got a new game and expected it to work flawlessly out of the box? Suuuureeee. The majority of games released require alot of patching. How much "patch after release" shennaigans they can get away with is dependant on who they are. Id Software could get away with murder if they wanted to. Activision,atari or SOE; you'd come to expect it. Ubisoft, i dunno.

As a reminder, SH3 had its patches too. Now personally, i wont be doing ANY of this:
http://crystal.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/crybaby.jpg

until after ubisoft stops making patch's for SH4.

Bungo_Pete
03-19-07, 06:49 PM
Hmm...This is definetly a wait an see for me,I'm using a 20.1" princeton lcd.guess well all get a clearer picture:doh: in the days to come.

waste gate
03-19-07, 06:49 PM
Am I allowed to say in this thread that this thread sucks?

I've waited since the days of SH1 to get to go back to the pacific.

Somehow not having AA doesn't strike me as THAT BIG OF A FREAKING DEAL.

Quit beating a dead horse.

Why don't you post this over at UBI? Or better yet, build your own bloody subsim, and then let us flame the snot out of it before it even is released.

You may say whatever you wish dean.
AA is important, as is resolution. The gaming experience is all about emersion as far as I'm concerned. I was going to run out and purshase SH4. Now I will not.
The people at UbiSoft need to know that their audience is not happy!
I can think of no better place to vent that aprehension and distrust than a site which not only caters to sub sim players, but also promotes sub simulations.

dean_acheson
03-19-07, 06:51 PM
This is the same 'the sky is falling' type crap we heard when they released every SH game, as well as DC, all of which was fun, I purchased, and enjoyed. I'm sure that SH4 will be better than any other Subsim to come out this year, or ever, for that matter.

Oh yeah, except for AOD, which is still the best thing since sliced bread. Wait, did it have AA?....

This sounds like the type of thing you would hear in the the SWG forums.....

Faamecanic
03-19-07, 06:55 PM
Guess I need to break out my 15" Sony Trinitron monitor from 10 years ago and ditch my 20" LCD just so I dont see jaggies the size of my shwanze on anything other than a perfectly vertical or horizontal line. Give me a farking brake.... :down: BOOOO UBISOFT and BOOO on the Devs.

MarkShot
03-19-07, 06:55 PM
I was just playing some AOD. Look at these jagged lines! It's terrible.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/markshot/tempimages/aod5.jpg

Antrodemus
03-19-07, 06:56 PM
Er... Ducimus & Dean, what exactly do you find so unimportant about being essentially lied-to about screen resolutions? We even had the devs in videos, saying (roughly) "...and here we are running at 1920 x whatever...", and conveniently neglecting to mention that the only element of the game that it applied to was the UI! People have every right to feel cheated by this. Every right.

malkuth74
03-19-07, 06:57 PM
Have you even read the thread? No AA is one thing, but they have lied about resolutions.

Yes I have. Again where did you get the game?

Dane
03-19-07, 06:58 PM
It is a shame when people that haven't played the game, haven't seen squat ---are complaining about it.. Get real, people. Give it a break, give it a chance.!!! Sounds like I am reading something that a 12 year old composed. Maybe many of you are??

malkuth74
03-19-07, 07:00 PM
It is a shame when people that haven't played the game, haven't seen squat ---are complaining about it.. Get real, people. Give it a break, give it a chance.!!! Sounds like I am reading something that a 12 year old composed. Maybe many of you are??
Also I think we should start Ignoring these people Until they cough up where they purchased the game. Because if they are playing a Pirated copy, then they deserve to have screens like that.

If you purchased the game I apolagize in advance. Its just kinda funny that last night 2-3 people that bought the game early never complained about this problem. And since Neal has had the game for 1 week already he would almost certaintly said something already.

stabiz
03-19-07, 07:03 PM
Yes I have. Again where did you get the game?
I dont have it. My preorder is cancelled.

Even IF the resolution thingy is due to pirated games (which I dont think it is, why would it?) the bug-reports and awful jaggies is enough for me to wait for a miracle or keep playing the rather beautiful and challenging GWX.

StandingCow
03-19-07, 07:04 PM
I thought this forum was above negative threads like this... did I click on the ubi forums by mistake?

Constructive Critisim people!

waste gate
03-19-07, 07:10 PM
I thought this forum was above negative threads like this... did I click on the ubi forums by mistake?

This thread isn't about positive criticism! Its about airing your digust for a company which would release a PC game which doesn't live up tho UbiSoft's promises nor their last subsim; SH3.

tommyk
03-19-07, 07:10 PM
I dont have the game but from all the things I read from people who do (and thinking back to the SH3 release), I dont take the chance again. Yes, call me chicken :)

preorder cancled. just my personal decision. no hard feelings. Maybe I will join the fleet when SH4 has matured or not. SH3 with GWX is great!

All the best for the SH4 skipper! :up:

Antrodemus
03-19-07, 07:13 PM
Constructive proof would go a long way to alleviate the current negativity, but where is it? Where are the threads full of lush, rendered screens we expected to be inundated with? It seems that the problem is that people can't acquire that expected level of detail or image quality, even with kick-ass PCs. These threads are a vent, and a way to try and find out why. The deafening silence from those who might know, regarding the lack of AA, and now the apparently "3D locked @ 1024" thing, is what's causing this.

stabiz
03-19-07, 07:16 PM
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8457/sh32006122801563004br2.jpg

StandingCow
03-19-07, 07:18 PM
That looks fine to me.. none of the horrible jaggies....

Perhaps people complaining didn't try restarting the game after changing options? Or something?

AVGWarhawk
03-19-07, 07:19 PM
WOW, nice pick Stabiz

waste gate
03-19-07, 07:20 PM
That looks fine to me.. none of the horrible jaggies....

Perhaps people complaining didn't try restarting the game after changing options? Or something?

That's a SH3 screen shot!!

Antrodemus
03-19-07, 07:20 PM
A very nice pic indeed... so how come that image is clearly anti-aliased? Is it post-processsed in a 3rd-party app, like PSP or PS?

EDIT :

/slaps self for not noticing the ever-so-slightly-obvious shape... :rotfl:

Gammel
03-19-07, 07:21 PM
Of course the picture stabiz has posted looks fine...
I had the same idea hours ago, good one, stabiz

tedhealy
03-19-07, 07:21 PM
Lol, cause it's a u-boat.

John Channing
03-19-07, 07:37 PM
OK Folks.

If anyone is wondering who locked this thread... I did.

If anyone is wondering why... read this.

"The Radio Room forum is not the place for flaming, spewing, or otherwise mouthing off. We do not allow posts where people are called idiots, morons, etc. We respect your freedom of speech, we ask that you respect our rules. You are welcome to express your opinion about games and other subjects. We do not want SUBSIM Review and the Radio Room forums to degenerate into a collection of *This game sux!!!!* and other immature rants. Like something or dislike something about a game, express your thoughts in reasoned and responsible terms.

If you want to follow these rules.. GREAT>

Thanks

JCC