PDA

View Full Version : can i buy sh4 online with a debit NOT credit card

elite_hunter_sh3
03-18-07, 05:21 PM
i have a debit card account not a credit card account. can i buy sh4 using a debit card????

Ark
03-18-07, 05:24 PM
Yes, as long as the debit card has the Visa/Mastercard logo on it and is connected to an active checking account (I use a debit card).

However, a Versatell card will NOT work.

elite_hunter_sh3
03-18-07, 05:25 PM
no doesnt have visa/mastercard and i have a savings account (i only work seasonal)

edit*: is paypal good for online buying??

rls669
03-18-07, 05:45 PM
A lot of online stores accept Paypal. Be warned though that when you transfer money from your bank to Paypal it will take up to a week for the transaction to go through. So if you set up a Paypal account today you still won't be able to buy SH4 for quite a while.

elite_hunter_sh3
03-18-07, 05:56 PM
if the collector edition doesnt come out i will be PISSED!!:damn::damn::damn:, i will ask myparents for their credit card, and if they say yes then yay if they say no, then hell will break loose, ill "borrow" the keys to my dads hummer and wreak havoc.... all for sh4:rock::dead: im hoping the collector edition comes out ebgames and/or retail stores

elite_hunter_sh3
03-18-07, 06:02 PM
YES i read the ubi forum shipping package info, the packages release on march 20 will be collector aka premier edition (EBGAMES RELEASES mrch 20:sunny:) while futureshop and bestbuy release 22:nope::down:

Ark
03-18-07, 06:15 PM
YES i read the ubi forum shipping package info, the packages release on march 20 will be collector aka premier edition (EBGAMES RELEASES mrch 20:sunny:) while futureshop and bestbuy release 22:nope::down:

If you order from EB with normal shipping, you proably won't get it until sometime after the 22nd.

The date on the EB website is usually the day they ship items, not the day their items are put on the shelf.

elite_hunter_sh3
03-18-07, 06:26 PM
will eb games then have the collectors edition????

Ark
03-18-07, 06:28 PM
will eb games then have the collectors edition????

I believe EB is getting the same edition as every other retail store.

The Super Collectors Edition or whatever it is called, AFAIK, is only available for online purchase from the UK Ubishop.

elite_hunter_sh3
03-18-07, 06:51 PM
dam it, thats just great, now how in the world am i gonna convice my parants to let me buy a game online using their credit card. and how long does shipping take? does someone have to be home during the day? can i ask ubi or amazon to send it so it arrives during the next weekend or during the evening???

Ark
03-18-07, 07:02 PM
dam it, thats just great, now how in the world am i gonna convice my parants to let me buy a game online using their credit card. and how long does shipping take? does someone have to be home during the day? can i ask ubi or amazon to send it so it arrives during the next weekend or during the evening???

1. Not sure. Depends on where you live.

2. Not sure. Depends who is shipping it (not sure how other coutnries handle their shipping outside of the U.S.).

3. I don't think so.

Why not just wait and buy it when it arrives in the store?

elite_hunter_sh3
03-18-07, 07:13 PM
because i want the premier edition with the recog manual, and the 1 hr war footage dvd
US Edition: Available 3/20/07

US/Canada Packaging
$49.99
Can be purchased from official Ubistore (http://store.ubi.com/) and major US/Canada Retailers and online stores
Available only for a limited time, no other versions available in US/Canada until time runs out

Premium Packaging
100+ page manual including reference material
Fold-out historical map of the Pacific theater
Fold out ship recognition poster
Quick Reference Card
1-hour of WWII-era documentary footage about U.S. submarines from Periscope Films on a Bonus DVD (Region 0/All

Ark
03-18-07, 07:28 PM
because i want the premier edition with the recog manual, and the 1 hr war footage dvd
US Edition: Available 3/20/07

US/Canada Packaging
$49.99
Can be purchased from official Ubistore (http://store.ubi.com/) and major US/Canada Retailers and online stores
Available only for a limited time, no other versions available in US/Canada until time runs out

Premium Packaging
100+ page manual including reference material
Fold-out historical map of the Pacific theater
Fold out ship recognition poster
Quick Reference Card
1-hour of WWII-era documentary footage about U.S. submarines from Periscope Films on a Bonus DVD (Region 0/All

What you psoted says Retailers, which are retail stores. So why not just wait and get through a retail store?

elite_hunter_sh3
03-18-07, 07:32 PM
but which retail store carries it ?? ebgames?? because i see two things, the ubi rep said on the 20th will be the edition i mentioned above in stores, then they say on the 22nd the regular version will be shipped to stores , since i have night school monday and wednesday that leaves me a few hours to to drive to a store that has the sh4 premier pack and buy it.

Ark
03-18-07, 07:50 PM
but which retail store carries it ?? ebgames?? because i see two things, the ubi rep said on the 20th will be the edition i mentioned above in stores, then they say on the 22nd the regular version will be shipped to stores , since i have night school monday and wednesday that leaves me a few hours to to drive to a store that has the sh4 premier pack and buy it.

EB Games is a large videogame retailer, so you should be ok getting it from them. If you are worried about it, then just give your parents the money and ask if you can use their credit card to order online. You'll have to pay for shipping, but at least you'll be sure you get what you want.

-Pv-
03-18-07, 10:55 PM
I have purchased games from EBgames in the past. I've been impressed how quickly they stock new PC games in the US.
-Pv-

flintlock
03-18-07, 11:22 PM
I like EB Games, though one thing they do that drives me nuts is that they break the seal on all their PC games. When you purchase a PC title from them, they pull out the empty box from one place, then walk off to another area and retrieve the media, manuals and any other included content. At least this has been my experience with local EB Games retailers. :shifty:

xboxer
03-18-07, 11:51 PM
Why not? I've been buying DVDs from Amazon using debit card for years. I don't buy games from them because it is much more exp than if I buy from where I live. And they don't ship games overseas.

Ark
03-19-07, 12:25 AM
I like EB Games, though one thing they do that drives me nuts is that they break the seal on all their PC games. When you purchase a PC title from them, they pull out the empty box from one place, then walk off to another area and retrieve the media, manuals and any other included content. At least this has been my experience with local EB Games retailers. :shifty:

That's strange. We never did that at the EB I worked at. We did it with console games we put out for display, but we always sold the sealed packages first. The only time we sold the opened games was if it was the last one we had left, and we always asked the customer first if they were ok with the fact that it was opened.

Wierd.

Ark
03-19-07, 12:27 AM
Why not? I've been buying DVDs from Amazon using debit card for years. I don't buy games from them because it is much more exp than if I buy from where I live. And they don't ship games overseas.

No Visa or Mastercard logo (or other accepted major carrier) = no online purchases.