PDA

View Full Version : What will be the first thing you do when you run SH4?

Kapitan_Phillips
03-15-07, 04:29 PM
Answer truthfully! :arrgh!:

tedhealy
03-15-07, 04:35 PM
Just like the last one, go through the sub school.

NefariousKoel
03-15-07, 04:37 PM
I always tinker with the various settings on every game before doing anything.

2nd would be Sub School, of course.

rodan54
03-15-07, 04:38 PM
First thing I did in SHIII; take a quick peek in the museum.

FIREWALL
03-15-07, 04:39 PM
Find out I need to upgrade my rig.:rotfl:

Paajtor
03-15-07, 04:41 PM
I picked the last option...I'll probably be hunting for that illusive Anti-aliasing touch. :lol:

kiwi_2005
03-15-07, 04:42 PM
Start a campaign and go from lowly recruit to legend of the waves. :yep:

hyperion2206
03-15-07, 04:51 PM
I will go through sub school for 2 reasons:

1. I want to see what has changed and try out new feature without the risk of being sunk.;)

2. If I complete sub school I feel like a real officer who got his qualification to command a sub. It's all about immersion, ya know?!:lol:

BellJack95
03-15-07, 04:58 PM
The first thing is: Go to the museum to view all the neat vessels and aircraft.
The second thing is: Attend and graduate Sub School to be qualified for sub command.

Barkhorn1x
03-15-07, 05:13 PM
Setting first of course. If the "look" annoys me for any reason I just won't be able to concentrate on anything else.

- then museum
- then sub school - I love tutorials - and I was always a good test taker ;)

CCIP
03-15-07, 05:45 PM
Not having that dream system, naturally I'll tinker with the settings!

Actually, the VERY first thing I do will max out the settings and fire up a quick mission to take screenshots (and chuckle at how unplayable top settings are likely to be on my rig).

PAW
03-15-07, 06:25 PM
Sub school mission interspersed with a quick graphics change should it need doing.
I feel that the Tutorial of any game is a part of what i paid for. Gotta get my money's worth :).
Besides, I've played some games without playing the tutorial before and regretted the experience until i understood better how the developers intended the game to be played.

Captain_Jack
03-15-07, 06:28 PM
Actually, before I even install the game I'm going to walk to the Office Depot Store next to Gamestop and get the Pacific Map laminated.:up:

Ark
03-15-07, 07:42 PM
Max out all the graphics.

Start up a single mission.

Shut down the game.

Come here and complain about the lack of FSAA.

Hey, at least I'm honest. :)

Gildor
03-15-07, 08:20 PM
When I find a game that lacks FSAA, I just force it with my vidcard software settings. Works every time. I suspect that this will be the case with SH4. I mean, how can the devs FORGET/NOT INCLUDE FSAA if they are going after the "hollywood experience" as they put it.

BTW, I will check out the school first.

Zero Niner
03-15-07, 08:22 PM
A PCO must attend the requisite course first, so that's what I'll do...

Ark
03-15-07, 08:24 PM
When I find a game that lacks FSAA, I just force it with my vidcard software settings. Works every time. I suspect that this will be the case with SH4. I mean, how can the devs FORGET/NOT INCLUDE FSAA if they are going after the "hollywood experience" as they put it.

BTW, I will check out the school first.

It doesn't work in GRAW and it doesn't work in R6:Vegas.

You need to go read the 5+ page discussion we already had on FSAA and SHIV. Right now, it is all specualtion for the most part, but there is a strong amount of evidence hinting at no FSAA in SHIV. Some good information in that thread I mentioned.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=106112

Iron Budokan
03-15-07, 09:04 PM
Sub school for me! :up:

livewire68
03-15-07, 09:19 PM
Got to be sub school. Where else can you get by with doing things that would get you sunk in a campaign! lol!:ping:

sunvalleyslim
03-15-07, 10:50 PM
first thing I'm gonna do is scream when it won't run, cuz there's a friggin "ERROR"..:o :damn: :damn:

clayton
03-15-07, 11:08 PM
Start crying!!!! :cry:

Crosseye76
03-16-07, 12:28 AM
Sub School to make sure it all runs, then tweaks, then off on Patrol. Empire Waters, here I come ! :rock:

Aimbot
03-16-07, 01:26 AM
First thing I did in SHIII; take a quick peek in the museum.
Substitute "a quick peek in" with "a comprehensive study of" and you've got me.

Then the sub school.

Spray
03-16-07, 03:42 AM
Tweaking to get best settings starting with all sliders maxed then when im happy ill go to sea with my S-Class. After that I might just get some time to check out sub school I just want to see all the new campaign features.

IRONxMortlock
03-16-07, 03:58 AM
What the hell? I didn't see any option to load up a quick mission and try to machine gun survivors!:p
________
Kirsten live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Kirsten)

Sailor Steve
03-16-07, 10:44 AM
Have a look around. Go to sub school. Play some missions. See what's what.

It's not like I won't be playing it two years from now. I have all the time in the world.