PDA

View Full Version : Sailing into Loch Ewe Pt 2

Vacillator
03-12-07, 11:30 AM
Okay, this time I went in with deck gun crewed up and loaded (now why didn't I think of that last time?). Sank the pesky armed trawler p.d.q., then went to periscope depth and approached a Fiji and a French N class out in the 'bay'. Numbers 1 and 2 into the Fiji, 3 into the N class.

Then I thought 'let's go and sink a couple of the fat merchants at the docks', I can come back later to finish the Fiji and N class if need be.

So I went in and sank a large merchant at the docks but here's the odd thing. Although the red wreck symbol showed up at the docks, my log showed that the Fiji had just gone down, not the large merchant. And the Fiji was still afloat in the bay. Very confused, any thoughts on what's going on?

Only one other question to do with my second attempt at Loch Ewe sightseeing: a lit up hospital ship should be avoided or blasted? I'm guessing the latter but I'm an honourable Kriegsmarine officer...

emtmedic005
03-12-07, 11:41 AM
Loch Ewe was easy to raid. a V&W and a PT boat before u get into the little river that gets u to the port. Once inside its very easy to destroy your targets. Now i know Officers should be gentlemen, but i deleted the negative mark before the Neutral 1 in the CFG file, soo i can now sink all neautral ships. But i only go after merchants that have visible war time cargo, like tanks and planes. I do sink the occasional Liner, like the Old Liner in Loch Ewe. I never sink Red Cross Ships, thats just mean, Their Totaly defensless and very easy targets hmmm maybe i should sink one. hahahaha, evil thoughts haha. So in conclusion Loch Ewe was a easy port ot raid.

Pevs86
03-12-07, 11:42 AM
Only one other question to do with my second attempt at Loch Ewe sightseeing: a lit up hospital ship should be avoided or blasted? I'm guessing the latter but I'm an honourable Kriegsmarine officer...

Avoided! Massive renoun hit if you sink it.

Shame on you for even thinking of sinking it :rotfl:

I find with GWX taht the red icon things are pretty inaccurate, alot of the time I don't even get one, BUT - if you've disabled the Fiji and it's obviously going down, you'll get confirmation - I've hit Merchants, been told it's going down, then it's not sunk for several hours. A good way of telling is whether their engines stop or not. Obviously this is of no use to you, as they're all in dock :)

Rykaird
03-12-07, 05:23 PM

Avoided! Massive renoun hit if you sink it.

Shame on you for even thinking of sinking it :rotfl:

I find with GWX taht the red icon things are pretty inaccurate, alot of the time I don't even get one, BUT - if you've disabled the Fiji and it's obviously going down, you'll get confirmation - I've hit Merchants, been told it's going down, then it's not sunk for several hours. A good way of telling is whether their engines stop or not. Obviously this is of no use to you, as they're all in dock :)

I got pinged on the way in, and by the time I actually snuck my way into the harbor I was out of air and it was broad daylight. Had to come up, and had to come up right now.

So, clever old wolf that I am, I surfaced my conning tower within about a foot from the hospital ship on the opposite side from the stationary destroyer. The Flower in the harbor started shooting at me, and so did the destroyer.

Of course, they hit nothing but the hospital ship, with the one exception that the destroyer managed to lob a shell right over the hospital ship and directly onto the Flower, breaking her in two and sinking her almost instantly.

My crew gave the "Das Boot" yell and the Flower showed red on the map, but of course it did not appear in my log.

Pevs86
03-12-07, 05:36 PM
lol, nice one :up:

That DD captain wont be able to upgrade his ship for awhilt after sinking a friendly warship and attacking a friendly hospital ship :nope:

andy_311
03-12-07, 05:50 PM
I only go into LE now once in a blue moon tends to get a bit boreing for me at times.
But if your in the vicinity on the 23/10/39 around 0600hrs it's worth a look.