mapuc
03-07-07, 05:23 AM
Here a funpic and here are som more

http://i17.tinypic.com/4hkrh4z.jpg

http://kenlydell.typepad.com/photos/cartoons/index.html

Markus

3Jane
03-07-07, 06:06 AM
He is quite right. After decades of support, his friends turn on him and have him disposed of using a stage managed court. He was wrong, yes. He was guilty, yes. He was murderous, yes. But if you hand out money, power and weapons to lunatics what do you expect. The culpability still lay with the user as well as the tool.

SUBMAN1
03-07-07, 10:56 AM
Read the thread about Europe's cowardice and than get back here. You guys over there are pretty sad. Just my opinion.

-S

joea
03-07-07, 11:05 AM
Read the thread about Europe's cowardice and than get back here. You guys over there are pretty sad. Just my opinion.

-S

Not again.

HunterICX
03-07-07, 11:39 AM

-S

Not again.

Yep, not again.

this America is Right and Europa is Sad is pissing me of so knock it off.
because that dumb article about things in histroy is incomplete.

SUBMAN1
03-07-07, 12:36 PM

-S
Not again.
Yep, not again.

I'll tell you why you are ticked off - it is because your country is not strong enough to stand up and do what is right on its own. You just can't stand to see the US do it for you. So get over it already.

-S

joea
03-07-07, 01:07 PM

-S
Not again.
Yep, not again.

I'll tell you why you are ticked off - it is because your country is not strong enough to stand up and do what is right on its own. You just can't stand to see the US do it for you. So get over it already.

-S

Mind reading? :shifty:

Penelope_Grey
03-07-07, 01:48 PM

-S

Might does not make right. Just because in a one to one situation the US can topple any country or power on the face of the Earth does not automatically give the US of A, the right to do it.

Also, we may be 'sad' in your opinion, but if all of Europe was to unite and function as one large entity, and lets say the Commonwealth was to join in it too. That would pretty much make the US look like the former tallest kid in the class. And when I read things like what you put which pretty much says "America is great, the rest of the world sucks... ha ha!" it really does make me upset because that is just plain lauding it over everybody else.

So, for now, you are the biggest. But one day, maybe, you will be the average height, and there will be others towering over you. You may be the only superpower in the world, but you are not invincible nor unstoppable. The majority of Americans I like and respect, but there are always ones like you who are so wrapped up in stars and stripes you cannot see beyond your own arrogance. At the end of the day a country when you break it down to its most simple form, is little more than the ground under your feet.

America was the one who put Saddam there in the first place the same Saddam that held his teacher hostage with a handgun at age 10, therefore, 3Jane has a valid point. Everybody makes mistakes SUBMAN, even the United States. Heaven only knows Europe had made plenty, and will continue to make plenty, you seem to be lashing out because you can't seem to grasp that maybe America made a mistake putting Saddam there so are insinuating that everybody else, European that is, is sad.

mr chris
03-07-07, 01:53 PM
Tom York of Radiohead got it right.
Hail to the Thief.

bradclark1
03-07-07, 02:09 PM

-S
:roll: Here we go. Blanket statement no less.:down:

Gizzmoe
03-07-07, 02:10 PM
Subman, donīt try to start a fight here, ok? What you do borders trolling.

SUBMAN1
03-07-07, 03:53 PM
It is intended as a blanket towards the things said towards Bush. Same thing. I must defend what I don't think is right. Not looking for a fight though. Just that some things are retracted - like the overly broad statements above.

Sorry if I have gone too far - it is just how I feel about the constant US attacks.

-S

waste gate
03-07-07, 04:53 PM
It is intended as a blanket towards the things said towards Bush. Same thing. I must defend what I don't think is right. Not looking for a fight though. Just that some things are retracted - like the overly broad statements above.

Sorry if I have gone too far - it is just how I feel about the constant US attacks.

-S

I'll probably be acused of the same trolling behavior, but, subman is correct in his assesment. If a nation is not willing to defend itsself you are left to others to defend it for you, and the defending nation will make the decissions without the defended nations consent. Step up and be accounted for, or let others do your dirty work without your approval. Seems logical, no?

Skybird
03-07-07, 05:15 PM
Weakness is no virtue, and accepting responsebilty for others while being weak means nothing: you are left with no options. But strength alone also is no virtue: weakness alone does harm to me, or prevents me from helping others. Strength alone does harm to the other exclusively. Only strength combined with a reasonable sense of the responsebility it brings is of virtue. I think we all could agree on this.

We probably tend to disagree on wether this sense of responsebility we have seen on display so far is reasonable or not - both from the US, and Europe (but both being irresponsible for different reasons, and in different ways).

Also, one could argue if the US and the EU in the ME-related crisis are really as strong as they assume.

ASWnut101
03-07-07, 05:36 PM
Might does not make right. Just because in a one to one situation the US can topple any country or power on the face of the Earth does not automatically give the US of A, the right to do it.

You may be getting somewhere with that, but if not us, then who?

Also, we may be 'sad' in your opinion, but if all of Europe was to unite and function as one large entity, and lets say the Commonwealth was to join in it too. That would pretty much make the US look like the former tallest kid in the class. And when I read things like what you put which pretty much says "America is great, the rest of the world sucks... ha ha!" it really does make me upset because that is just plain lauding it over everybody else.

Untill we stop sending you our weapons technology. All of Europe won't unite, that's a fact. Look at history.

So, for now, you are the biggest. But one day, maybe, you will be the average height, and there will be others towering over you. You may be the only superpower in the world, but you are not invincible nor unstoppable.

Hey, we're not the only superpower. Look at China, or at your own country. Damn fine soldiers you've got there. The UK, along with Israel, are our best allies at this point. You should be proud. Too bad the EU is getting to Britain...

The majority of Americans I like and respect, but there are always ones like you who are so wrapped up in stars and stripes you cannot see beyond your own arrogance. At the end of the day a country when you break it down to its most simple form, is little more than the ground under your feet.

No comment.

America was the one who put Saddam there in the first place the same Saddam that held his teacher hostage with a handgun at age 10, therefore, 3Jane has a valid point.

Actually, he killed her. Just how did we put him there, as you say? Interesting, as I never heard that before

Everybody makes mistakes SUBMAN, even the United States. Heaven only knows Europe had made plenty, and will continue to make plenty, you seem to be lashing out because you can't seem to grasp that maybe America made a mistake putting Saddam there so are insinuating that everybody else, European that is, is sad.

Darn straight. Everyone makes mistakes, but as has been said by some unkown guy "You build off your mistakes to make yourself stronger":|\\

I still don't know where you got "The US put saddam there," though.:doh:

Penelope_Grey
03-08-07, 12:32 PM
You may be getting somewhere with that, but if not us, then who?

My point was, just because you can do something, doesn't mean you have to do it. Its good to see the back of Saddam Hussein, but, why him specifically? When there are other despots and wicked men in the world ruling people with an iron rod, such as Robert Mugabe for instance.... Why isn't he got rid of? If America wants to make sure the world marches to the beat of the right drum that is fine by me, but, who keeps America in check? Is the rest of planet Earth supposed to have blind faith in your leaders? Maybe people see George Bush as a madman for a darn good reason, perhaps because people are afraid what American foreign policy is becoming. Maybe, a lot of nations can see America flexing its muscles and they are afraid of what could happen. Its perfectly valid, which is why I say, just because you can defeat probably anybody on the face of the EArth does not mean you have the divine right to do so.

Untill we stop sending you our weapons technology. All of Europe won't unite, that's a fact. Look at history.

Any weapons technology invented by you is sold to us not sent, what we have off you we have paid the asking price for. Its only recently that the UK finally paid off its WW2 debt to the US after all this time, for example. So we pay for what we get. All of Europe won't unite I am aware of that, hence before I said, if Europe united. And I don't need to look at history to know that either.

Hey, we're not the only superpower. Look at China, or at your own country. Damn fine soldiers you've got there. The UK, along with Israel, are our best allies at this point. You should be proud. Too bad the EU is getting to Britain...

China yes, it can be considered a superpower. But the UK? No. Not now, we don't have the sort of money or resources to compete with the US. Or to even be a "great power" anymore never mind a superpower. All we can do is agree with your decisions, and smile and offer the odd military operation here and there but the British Heyday of the sun never setting and all that is long gone. I am happy with the fact I am British, but as I say, I see a country as just ground under my feet with a government who runs it. Patriotism and self-dellusion to me are so close together the lines are nearly blurred. But that's another debate entirely really....:know:

Actually, he killed her. Just how did we put him there, as you say? Interesting, as I never heard that before

You tell me to look at history earlier... Did the US (backed up by allies), or did it not, support the rise and rule of Saddam Hussein?

Kapitan_Phillips
03-08-07, 12:37 PM
Now folks, come on now. Lets be honest, everyone here kicks ass. America, Britain, Europe, the Middle East, everyone has a culture others can learn from.

But France. Huh? France.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Penelope_Grey
03-08-07, 12:40 PM
France can always fall back on their history of revolutions for ass-kickings, and Nappoleon. Things don't go your way... fine, tip over a few cars and barricade a street or two. LOL

ReallyDedPoet
03-08-07, 12:40 PM
Now folks, come on now. Lets be honest, everyone here kicks ass. America, Britain, Europe, the Middle East, everyone has a culture others can learn from.

But France. Huh? France.

They are to busy doin' the nasty:yep:

Kapitan_Phillips
03-08-07, 12:41 PM
I rule at making things lighthearted ;)

I take it the checks in the mail, Gizz my liege? :rotfl:

Happy Times
03-08-07, 12:57 PM

But France. Huh? France.

I dont hate France, they are just proud. Like everybody else.

They have the military to kick some serious ass.

They have great food and wines.

Israel is the only civilized nation in the ME.

Onkel Neal
03-08-07, 01:27 PM
Guys, let's not turn this into another "our country is good, your country is bad" thread. There are already enough discussions on this (too many).