PDA

View Full Version : I am rich (not)

STEED
03-06-07, 01:16 PM
I won £250,000 today. :D

Wait a minute. £250,000 :hmm:

Yep another scam. :shifty:

Are :damn:

Well here we go again another form for the Office of Fair Trading will be on it's way to them too investigate.

ASWnut101
03-06-07, 03:20 PM
Hehe, you didn't have to give away your personal information to a bank in Nigeria to claim you prize, now? Very trusty bank there!:lol:

Godalmighty83
03-06-07, 05:27 PM
you contact the OoFT when you get these scams? i wouldnt bother i get about 10 a week via email and 5 a week via phone.

nothing you can do about them.

KevinB
03-07-07, 07:06 AM
Last week I received an email informing me that my email has been picked out of thousands of others and I have won $850,000 dollars.
Well lucky old me. This was from a European syndicate but probably originating in Nigeria.
I was going to reply and tell them to deduct their fee from my winnings and forward the rest but I couldn't really be asked.

Jimbuna
03-07-07, 11:17 AM
The best ones purort to be from banks...they ask you to confirm your account details and password supposedly to verify who you are :hmm:

Really!!!!!! :damn:

AVGWarhawk
03-07-07, 11:20 AM
I just love the misspellings on the emails. They are a laugh.

Ewe have celected as the peerson to recieve $250,000. Uhm....shurre ting mahn:up:

STEED
03-07-07, 11:33 AM
Here it is folks

"PowerBall International Promotions" phrasmus@speakeasy.net
We are pleased to inform you of the final announcement that you are one
of our winners of the UNITED KINGDOM POWERBALL LOTTERY ONLINE PROMO
PROGRAMMER,Please provide him with your batch number BATCH:2007 GPBL-011
and your reference number REF NO:PBIL/103-26937 held on the 28th of
February, 2007. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of
(Two Hundred And Fifty Thousand Great British Pounds)only Please contact
DUE PROCESS UNIT (DPU)for your claims.
Contact
Name:- Dr.James Clark
Contact E-mail:dpu206@yahoo.co.uk (http://uk.f862.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=dpu206@yahoo.co.uk&YY=81835&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b)
Phone Number:+44-701-1129-289

1. Full Names:
2. Address:
3. Age:
4. Sex:
5. Marital Status:
6. Occupation:
7. Phone numbers:
8. Fax number:
9. Country:

Faithfully,
Mary Adams , Mrs.
Zonal Co-ordinator

I went for option two after the usual guff and get a load of this, fake address and phone number checked with directory inquirers

CONTACT (GLOBAL WORLD COURIER SERVICES) FOR DELIVERY

Global World Courier Services And Agency
5-8 Abbey Orchard Street, Westminster,
SW1P 2JJ, United Kingdom.
Tel: 44-703-1847-545
4/03/07

Dear customer,

This is to in from you that we cant take from customers winnings to delivery so you better know that now and we have in our possession for delivery to you:

1. A certified winning check of £ 250,000,00 GBP (Two Hundred And Fifty Thousand Great British Pounds)

2. A winning certificate to certify that you are the true winner of the stated funds.

Please, be informed that we do not deliver to P.O.Box address or street corners but to your residence.

We are a well established company offering courier and transport services 24 hours a day for priority delivery of letters, parcels and consignments to any destination.Global World Delivery Services with its high security storage and network of affiliate security partners and agents around the world provide you with storage and specialized courier services through which you could send high quality goods like precious stones, art crafts and Classified commodities to any part of the world Delivery.

Your Parcel has been classified a top priority delivery, with delivery identification as CLASSA1501ACS.The description of the parcel to be delivered is stated thus;

An original certificate of weight: -------------0.15kg
Bonded draft of weight : -------------0.17kg
Total weight of parcel : -------------0.32kg
Colour of Parcel : -------------Brown

Note that we do not operate on COD. Below are the mandatory delivery charges that you required to pay to enable us courier your parcel to you:

STATUS OF DELIVERY [PLEASE CHOOSE ONE THAT BEST SUITS YOU]

Courier charges ...............................£ 50.00
Administrative ...............................£150.00
Insurance ...............................£290.00
TOTAL £490.00 = 960.651 USD
Delivery duration ...........................Same day delivery

Courier charges ................................£ 45.00
Administrative .............................. £125.00
Insurance ...............................£275.00
TOTAL £445.00 = $ 872.459 USD
Delivery duration ...........................Two (2) to three (3) working days delivery

Courier charges ...............................£ 30.00
Administrative ...............................£ 95.00
Insurance ...............................£195.00
TOTAL £320.00 = $ 627.386 USD
Deliver duration ...........................Four (4) to Seven (7) working days delivery

You are to make the payment through Money Gram money Transfer so as to speed up the process of delivery.

The payment should be made in the name of our accounts officer;

Mrs. Ching Huffam
5-8 Abbey Orchard Street,
Westminster, SW1P 2JJ,
United Kingdom.

Notify this office on completion of payment, either with a copy of the transfer slip you may email the following information as they appear on the money gram transfer slip.

1. Name and Address of Sender
2. Amount Sent
3. Transfer Reference number

A receipt of the above payment will be couriered to you from our office, along with your winning check and certificate.

Your parcel shall be dispatched to you immediately we receive a reconfirmation of your address and evidence of payment of the above charges.

A dispatch notice indicating the date and time of departure and expected date of delivery will be sent to you.

You will be required to sign for the parcel personally with a copy of your international passport or your driver's license as identification.

All orders not delivered within Five (5) working days from this communication will be returned to International promotional headquarters as unclaimed.

Yours faithfully,

Mr. Mark Timothy
Tel: +44-703-1847-545
Customer service
================================================== ===============
this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be legally privileged and are solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please delete this message and any attachment files, or contact Global World Delivery Services. All business is transacted under our Standard Trading Terms and Conditions a copy of which is available upon request. All liability for viruses is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law

And today I got this, what the hell is this. And no that's not my name. ;)

Attn Razwan Khan,
This is to inform you that physically processing and receiveing of cash collection office is in Amsterdam, Netherlands

So i advice to know that you are to be in Netherlands to claim your prize

Yours faithfully

Dr James Clark
Tel:- +44-701-1129-289

STEED
03-07-07, 12:29 PM
Got those swine now blocked on my list now. :smug:

ASWnut101
03-07-07, 05:02 PM
I went for option two after the usual guff and get a load of this, fake address and phone number checked with directory inquirers

[quote]CONTACT (GLOBAL WORLD COURIER SERVICES) FOR DELIVERY

Global World Courier Services And Agency
5-8 Abbey Orchard Street, Westminster,
SW1P 2JJ, United Kingdom. (Un-needed Period)
Tel: 44-703-1847-545
4/03/07 (It's March, not April)

Dear customer,

This is to in(Un-needed Space)from you that we can(No Apostrophe)take from customers winnings to delivery(No Comma)so you better know that now(No Comma)and we have in our possession for delivery to you: (This Paragraph is in very poor grammar and, when read again, makes no sence)

1. A certified winning check of £ 250,000,00 (He Forgot a Zero) GBP (Two Hundred And Fifty Thousand Great British Pounds)

2. A winning certificate to certify that you are the true winner of the stated funds.

Please, be informed that we do not deliver to P.O.(No Space)Box address or street corners (No Comma) but to your residence.

We are a well established company offering courier and transport services 24 hours a day for priority delivery of letters, parcels and consignments to any destination.(No Space)Global World Delivery Services(No Comma)with its high security storage and network of affiliate security partners and agents around the world(No Comma)provide you with storage and specialized courier services through which you could send high quality goods like precious stones, art(No Comma)crafts and Classified commodities to any part of the world Delivery.

Your Parcel has been classified a top priority delivery, with delivery identification as CLASSA1501ACS.The description of the parcel to be delivered is stated thus;

An original certificate of weight: -------------0.15kg
Bonded draft of weight : -------------0.17kg
Total weight of parcel : -------------0.32kg
Colour of Parcel : -------------Brown

Note that we do not operate on COD. Below are the mandatory delivery charges that you required to pay to enable us courier your parcel to you:

STATUS OF DELIVERY [PLEASE CHOOSE ONE THAT BEST SUITS YOU]

Courier charges ...............................£ 50.00
Administrative ...............................£150.00
Insurance ...............................£290.00
TOTAL £490.00 = 960.651 USD
Delivery duration ...........................Same day delivery

Courier charges ................................£ 45.00
Administrative .............................. £125.00
Insurance ...............................£275.00
TOTAL £445.00 = $ 872.459 USD
Delivery duration ...........................Two (2) to three (3) working days delivery

Courier charges ...............................£ 30.00
Administrative ...............................£ 95.00
Insurance ...............................£195.00
TOTAL £320.00 = $ 627.386 USD
Deliver duration ...........................Four (4) to Seven (7) working days delivery

You are to make the payment through Money Gram money Transfer so as to speed up the process of delivery.

The payment should be made in the name of our accounts officer;

Mrs. Ching Huffam
5-8 Abbey Orchard Street,
Westminster, SW1P 2JJ,
United Kingdom. (Un-needed Period)

Notify this office on completion of payment, either with a copy of the transfer slip you may email the following information as they appear on the money gram transfer slip.

1. Name and Address of Sender
2. Amount Sent
3. Transfer Reference number

A receipt of the above payment will be couriered to you from our office, along with your winning check and certificate.

Your parcel shall be dispatched to you immediately we receive a reconfirmation of your address and evidence of payment of the above charges.

A dispatch notice indicating the date and time of departure and expected date of delivery will be sent to you.

You will be required to sign for the parcel personally with a copy of your international passport or your driver's license as identification.

All orders not delivered within Five (5) working days from this communication will be returned to International promotional headquarters as unclaimed.

Yours faithfully,

Mr. Mark Timothy
Tel: +44-703-1847-545
Customer service
================================================== ===============
this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be legally privileged and are solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please delete this message and any attachment files, or contact Global World Delivery Services. All business is transacted under our Standard Trading Terms and Conditions a copy of which is available upon request. All liability for viruses is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law

I went over this message and here is what I got out of it.

Yellow- Capitalization
Blue- Grammar
Red- Left out words or mistakes
Pink- Illiterate writing
Green- Spelling

Obvious scam. Any person who works for a legit company would be fired the first day from all of these mistakes.

:88) :88) :88)

Linton
03-07-07, 05:08 PM
There was a feature about these sort of scams on the radio a while ago.A person who got fed up with them started emailing the senders back and getting them to do stupid things.Just a thought

The Munster
03-07-07, 05:25 PM
I like this 'job title' that is in one of STEED's ..

Faithfully,
Mary Adams , Mrs.
Zonal Co-ordinator

Beats my Environmental Multi-Tasker which I assigned to myself and means Road Sweeper/Toilet Cleaner/Refuse Collector.

I used to get these and what tickled me about them was the statement that if you didn't claim your money, it would go to somebody else unless you ACT NOW ! :doh:
Many times, I was tempted to reply and tell them to give it to some-one else.

Linton
03-07-07, 05:38 PM
Steed you may find this useful:http://www.hoax-slayer.com/lottery-scam-list.html

Kapitan_Phillips
03-07-07, 05:50 PM
These are the same dudes as I talked about a while ago.

http://www.419eater.com/

Hilarious reading :P

Linton
03-07-07, 06:02 PM
Finally I can put a face to so many of my junk emails.Thank you for the link Kap P.:up: