PDA

View Full Version : Damn im lucky

Spray
03-05-07, 02:11 AM
Well I must be a lucky charm or something but I just ran into another 3 BB TF and managed to sink 2 BB's then continued on to destroy a whole port and get another 100K patrol 100,184 tons or so to be exact. So its the year 1942 the enemy is getting hard ass on me with all their ASW equipment and are making my life a bit more difficult. 2 patrols ago I got lucky and hit a TF with 3 BB's 1 patrol later ive hit that same TF this time the BB I sunk before is back. I was set up all ready waiting for the TF to come by then a J&K destroyer attacked I fired 1 torpedo at him then another 3 at the trailing nelson then another 1 back torpedo in a last ditch attempt to rid me of the damn J&K. The first torpedo missed the J&K then hit the KING GEORGE V!!! blowing it up in one hit. It gets better im running GWX which means critical hits eg a 1 shot kill on a BB is really hard. The 3 torpedoes fired at the nelson had 2 hits and it sunk. I then got depthcharged for 3 hours and couldn't lose contact with that damn J&K I also couldn't go deeper because of minor damage. So I pulled out one bold attempt. Blow ballast all ahead flank periscope depth. At 40 metres open up back torpedo tube and set the torp for 4 metres. As soon as I surfaced the J&K was hot on my tail at 500 metres. I waited, a shell flew by the scope s*** I thought to myself he see's me. He charged at me full speed 450 metres 400, 350 metres. Fire torpedo tube 6 waiting waiting waiting. The chronometer indicated the torp was supposed to blow 2 seconds ago, s*** I thought to myself again must have hit the keel or it was a dud then with a big bang which made a smile come to my face as the torpedo blew up just under the ships props. The depthcharges added to the explosion as small balls of fire flit across the sky. That was the end of that TF hunt and I bagged about 75,000 tonnes with 6 torpedoes. The grin on my face grew wider.

Well I hit the port had some duds but the good weather stopped a lot of ships from sinking I hit a tribal DD on entering disabling it and put a sticky note up reminding me to come back. The rest of it was pretty much torpedoes then some deck gun action in which I sustained some damage from a armed trawler and a landing ship, the armed trawler was stuck in the anti sub net so that gave me a few laughs. Got out of the port with 1 torpedo left and about 98,300 tonnes of shipping. Finished off the tribal with my last torpedo and sailed on home. So far ive completed 20 patrols :huh: and managed to amass 820,000 tonnes of allied with some minimal neutral shipping. Ive so far took pictures of every one of my patrols im planning to put a story to them the only problem is that I totally forget about my patrols and end up forgetting the story I was planning so I might just do it on a daily basis from now on.

Brag
03-05-07, 07:34 AM
Well I must be a lucky charm or something but I just ran into another 3 BB TF and managed to sink 2 BB's then continued on to destroy a whole port and get another 100K patrol 100,184 tons or so to be exact. So its the year 1942 the enemy is getting hard ass on me with all their ASW equipment and are making my life a bit more difficult. 2 patrols ago I got lucky and hit a TF with 3 BB's 1 patrol later ive hit that same TF this time the BB I sunk before is back. I was set up all ready waiting for the TF to come by then a J&K destroyer attacked I fired 1 torpedo at him then another 3 at the trailing nelson then another 1 back torpedo in a last ditch attempt to rid me of the damn J&K. The first torpedo missed the J&K then hit the KING GEORGE V!!! blowing it up in one hit. It gets better im running GWX which means critical hits eg a 1 shot kill on a BB is really hard. The 3 torpedoes fired at the nelson had 2 hits and it sunk. I then got depthcharged for 3 hours and couldn't lose contact with that damn J&K I also couldn't go deeper because of minor damage. So I pulled out one bold attempt. Blow ballast all ahead flank periscope depth. At 40 metres open up back torpedo tube and set the torp for 4 metres. As soon as I surfaced the J&K was hot on my tail at 500 metres. I waited, a shell flew by the scope s*** I thought to myself he see's me. He charged at me full speed 450 metres 400, 350 metres. Fire torpedo tube 6 waiting waiting waiting. The chronometer indicated the torp was supposed to blow 2 seconds ago, s*** I thought to myself again must have hit the keel or it was a dud then with a big bang which made a smile come to my face as the torpedo blew up just under the ships props. The depthcharges added to the explosion as small balls of fire flit across the sky. That was the end of that TF hunt and I bagged about 75,000 tonnes with 6 torpedoes. The grin on my face grew wider.

Well I hit the port had some duds but the good weather stopped a lot of ships from sinking I hit a tribal DD on entering disabling it and put a sticky note up reminding me to come back. The rest of it was pretty much torpedoes then some deck gun action in which I sustained some damage from a armed trawler and a landing ship, the armed trawler was stuck in the anti sub net so that gave me a few laughs. Got out of the port with 1 torpedo left and about 98,300 tonnes of shipping. Finished off the tribal with my last torpedo and sailed on home. So far ive completed 20 patrols :huh: and managed to amass 820,000 tonnes of allied with some minimal neutral shipping. Ive so far took pictures of every one of my patrols im planning to put a story to them the only problem is that I totally forget about my patrols and end up forgetting the story I was planning so I might just do it on a daily basis from now on.

Boolah kazoombies! Congratahoochies--well done! :D

Spray
03-05-07, 09:26 AM
Bah just had a crap patrol. I went down to Malta to try to disturb operation harpoon (I think) and attacked the dock of valetta I sunk 6-8 warships 1-2 which were DE all the rest were DD's. About 9000 tons of war shipping sunk. Well atleast I got to see the Luftwaffe and Italian airforce bomb the total crap outta valetta even if it made me get serious lag when I was using time compression.

Confirmed its 8 ships
HMS Wivern (Admiralty V&W Class) , 1188 tons
HMS Borage (Flower Class) , 950 tons
HMS Cayuga (Tribal Class Destroyer), 1850 tons
HMS Versatile (Admiralty V&W Class) , 1188 tons
HMS Cleveland (Hunt I Class), 1000 tons
HMCS Antigonish (River Class) , 1350 tons
HMS Berkeley (Hunt I Class), 1000 tons
HMS Lobelia (Flower Class) , 950 tons

I think they learned their lesson. No matter what equipment they have they will always be the hunted.